Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2021, 05:58 AM   #1

Hello all,

Greetings from Durban South-Africa I hope you are all good and staying safe.

I am new to 986 Boxster ownership as I just got myself a 2001 986 Boxster S Tiptronic, I have had multiple Porsche's prior to this but mainly 911 air cooled stuff and a few 944 S2 / turbo's including a rare Turbo cup factory race car.

I broke my neck in 3 places with severe spinal cord trauma in a freak BMW M3 accident 16 years ago so had to sell all my manual Porsche's as I could no longer drive them unfortunately. Despite doctors saying I would be permanently paralyzed from the neck down with a lot of hard work and determination I can now walk again albeit with a walking frame and more importantly drive even if only a Tiptronic, it's still a Porsche.

I am fortunate enough to sell Porsche parts both new and used worldwide for a living so have access to a lot of parts for my new toy. Now importantly about the car, as mentioned it is a 2001 986 S and has what I think is a Tequipment aero kit on it consisting for front bumper, side skirts and rear spoiler, please will the experts correct me if I am wrong here. Being an ROW car delivered originally in South-Africa it is a C26 code car and the Tequipment comes up as a 09991 code option I believe. I have managed to work out all the other option codes just a bit confused about a 150 option code so any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

It needs a bit of love which I will certainly get around to and as mentioned dealing in Porsche parts for a living I have access to lots of parts and contacts here locally in the industry that can assist with interior refurbishment, paint polish and correction and lots of other stuff so pretty exciting.

It has a little trick up its sleeve in the form of a 40 000 KM 996 3.4 motor with IMS bearing upgrade and customs exhausts so sounds fantastic and drives really well. A few issues with the alarm and central locking that need to be sorted out but for now the plan is to drive it and enjoy it while fixing all the little issues along the way.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:58 AM   #2
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Great story and nice car. I’m glad you are able to still enjoy this great automobile despite suffering a serious injury. As Pedro says, Happy Boxstering.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
Welcome to the forum. Great story and nice car. I’m glad you are able to still enjoy this great automobile despite suffering a serious injury. As Pedro says, Happy Boxstering.
Thank you much appreciated
Old 01-23-2021, 04:53 AM   #4
Veteran & Boxster Padawan

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story! I also have a TIP albeit choice based on liking the car and neutral opinion on transmission type. I’m sure you already know how much fun manual mode can be - enjoy in good health and keep us updated on your TLC “upgrades”
Old 01-28-2021, 05:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmlifer View Post
Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story! I also have a TIP albeit choice based on liking the car and neutral opinion on transmission type. I’m sure you already know how much fun manual mode can be - enjoy in good health and keep us updated on your TLC “upgrades”
Thanks much appreciated