Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2020, 07:14 PM   #1

Mechanic spirit

Hey! I have my first Porsche it's a 01 boxster S since a month and have spent some good hrs checking, replacing, understanding things and the forum has been really helpful. I'm about to make an important buy of spares from the US as I live in Chile and I'm happy to share the process. Body and interior is better than ok so I'll invest in mechanics. IMS is a must for what I've learnt and I've discovered some brown pieces in the oil pan (removed to check plastic particles) so maybe I'll order some chain rail guides. Maybe a main engine seal and some other minor parts like spark plug covers, a few deteriorated spark plug coils, belt, air filter etc.. very excited and happy with this little but fine toy/project.

Enviado desde mi SM-A505G mediante Tapatalk

Old 10-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #2

Welcome! Post some pictures!
Rayrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpena View Post
Hey! I have my first Porsche it's a 01 boxster S since a month and have spent some good hrs checking, replacing, understanding things and the forum has been really helpful. I'm about to make an important buy of spares from the US as I live in Chile and I'm happy to share the process. Body and interior is better than ok so I'll invest in mechanics. IMS is a must for what I've learnt and I've discovered some brown pieces in the oil pan (removed to check plastic particles) so maybe I'll order some chain rail guides. Maybe a main engine seal and some other minor parts like spark plug covers, a few deteriorated spark plug coils, belt, air filter etc.. very excited and happy with this little but fine toy/project.

Be ready while you are in there with Access you will want to do everything possible.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Be ready while you are in there with Access you will want to do everything possible.
A few hrs changing spark plugs, some coils and spark plug sleeves/tubes before taking the engine out, got the IMS but saving for the chain rails, maybe I'll do it in the next oil change in 5 months.Name:  20201017_145006.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  103.5 KBName:  20201017_114521.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  132.2 KBName:  20201017_154128.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  127.5 KBName:  20201017_114456.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  131.0 KB

Old 10-18-2020, 08:08 AM   #5

Another approach, aluminum replacement tubes: