986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (http://986forum.com/forums/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   99 Boxster in East Tennessee (http://986forum.com/forums/new-member-introductions/78444-99-boxster-east-tennessee.html)

L8-apex 08-09-2020 12:12 PM

99 Boxster in East Tennessee

Greetings,

I recently traveled to Georgia to pick up a 99 Ocean Blue Boxster from a very nice gentleman who was the second owner, having purchased the car in 2006. Just 22,600 miles on the car. Very good records showing oil changes every 6 months, and the car had never been driven in rain. I've been browsing this forum and it appears to be a great source of information and idea exchange.

My past interesting cars have been Austin Healey, VW, Corvette, and a 67 911 that I began restoring, but regrettably threw in the towel and sold. Also owned and raced many, many motorcycles.

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1597003769.jpg

piper6909 08-11-2020 01:04 PM

Welcome! Congrats on the beautiful find!

Rayrevolver 08-12-2020 12:25 PM

Welcome! What type of motorcycle racing did you do?

A while back I was driving my roommate to the racetrack. He was the son of the racetrack owner, so hes been around this track his entire life.

I was driving a 20 year old 1985 300ZX (non-Turbo). I do my best drift attempt onto the main road at the track entrance. And he says,"You damn motorcycle racers all drive cars like crazy!" Duh, I am strapped inside a cage. Whats the worst that can happen!?! :D

As a new Boxster owner I am slowly building up my corner speed. Its been too long since I have had this kind of fun. All under the speed limit...mostly!

Enjoy that car!!!

Allegro 08-12-2020 03:12 PM

Nice! I think 99s are a sweet spot. Enjoy it.

maytag 08-12-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayrevolver (Post 622464)

A while back I was driving my roommate to the racetrack. He was the son of the racetrack owner, so hes been around this track his entire life.

I was driving a 20 year old 1985 300ZX (non-Turbo). I do my best drift attempt onto the main road at the track entrance. And he says,"You damn motorcycle racers all drive cars like crazy!" Duh, I am strapped inside a cage. Whats the worst that can happen!?! :D

As a new Boxster owner I am slowly building up my corner speed. Its been too long since I have had this kind of fun. All under the speed limit...mostly!

Enjoy that car!!!

Bike guys can always drive. the reverse is not always true. ;)

L8-apex 08-13-2020 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayrevolver (Post 622464)

I raced in California. Club racing with WSMC and AFM; raced on Willow Springs (big track), Button Willow, Thunder Hill, Infineon (Sears Point), and Las Vegas. Lots of fun and I managed to retire from it in relatively one piece :)

maytag 08-13-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L8-apex (Post 622514)
I raced in California. Club racing with WSMC and AFM; raced on Willow Springs (big track), Button Willow, Thunder Hill, Infineon (Sears Point), and Las Vegas. Lots of fun and I managed to retire from it in relatively one piece :)

I spent plenty of time on some of those tracks myself.
I'm 50 now, and I find all of the stuff I thought had healed, now hurts again. :(

Rayrevolver 08-13-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L8-apex (Post 622514)

Small world. I raced WSMC in the mid-2000s. I rode Vegas CC, Button Willow, and Streets of Willow, but only raced on the Big Track. My new racer school was taught by Danny Farnsworth.

My roomie was a Huth, Bills (owner of Willow Springs, RIP) grandson. In my intro thread I talked about spending A LOT of time at the track. PCA/POA weekends were great.

L8-apex 08-14-2020 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayrevolver (Post 622572)
Small world. I raced WSMC in the mid-2000s. I rode Vegas CC, Button Willow, and Streets of Willow, but only raced on the Big Track. My new racer school was taught by Danny Farnsworth.

My roomie was a Huth, Bills (owner of Willow Springs, RIP) grandson. In my intro thread I talked about spending A LOT of time at the track. PCA/POA weekends were great.

Ahh... Turn 8; remember? When you get it right, it's a religious experience ;)

maytag 08-14-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L8-apex (Post 622591)
Ahh... Turn 8; remember? When you get it right, it's a religious experience ;)

We always said that T8 at willow would separate the men from the boys. I was clearly a boy, haha. Turn 8, WFO..... I wonder how many have soiled themselves there?