Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #1

Garage
My Starving Boxster

Hey guys I just recently picked up a barn find Boxster. Mice and racoons were living and eating it away and I decided to try to save her. To make a very long story short shes a 1999 Boxster and I have the DME / immobilizer bypassed with a relay jumper so that she will crank. And she is cranking - if I add some fuel to the carb she fires up for a couple seconds. So I jumped the fuel pump relay and nothing so I replaced the fuel pump with a new one. Fuel pump sound is now heard only if I have the fuel pump relay jumpered; but no fuel to the back schraider valve! I remove the fuel pressure valve and no fuel shooting out of there either. My pump is running... could it be going in reverse somehow. There were a bunch of chewed up wires that I had to reconnect and repair. Is there anything I can try? Shes starving for fuel and I cant get it to her!!!

Last edited by DMags; 06-06-2019 at 04:10 PM.
DMags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:48 PM   #2

Garage
Mice love to eat insulation off the wires. I would guess the DME bypass you did prevents the engine from starting. It's possible your key battery is to weak also. you will get more info by searching the main forums

Last edited by BYprodriver; 06-06-2019 at 07:51 PM.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:16 AM   #3

Garage
Thanks for the reply, but I believe fuel would still be sent to the back.

New update: I reversed the polarity of the fuel pump and now fuel is flowing to the back fuel pressure unit and shooting out while removed but never makes it to the Schrader valve when its put back in its place(which is a pain!). I guess its a bad fuel pressure regulator? I didnt think it could stop all fuel flow!??

Anyone...?
Old 06-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #4

plugged fuel filter.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:21 PM   #5

Garage
Fixed

So I bought an aftermarket fuel pump on ebay for like 75$ and it was wired reversed. So without removing it I cut and soldered the green/white wire to the brown and brown to the green/white. Reverse the polarity and fuel was shooting through the system. Now id like to do a pressure test, but I need to research the Porsche schrader valve adapter so I can hook up my pressure tester.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Tags
no fuel