Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #1

Hello from Shefford, QC.

I've been lurking here since last July when I picked up a black 2001 2.7 with 100 000km.

I generally felt that cars are a necessary evil, I prefer to be on two wheels. Climate, and the fact that my commute more often than not also involves picking up one of the kids or getting the groceries means that the bikes have been put aside. Needed something to help get my yahyahs out and enjoy the cage time that I have to put in. It also had to appeal to my better half.

Purchase was made as a compromise with the wife. I wanted an old air-cooled 911 and she wanted a two seater convertible. She won, but I am quite happy with it.
It's a daily driver when there's no snow or salt.

Our more family oriented vehicles have been primarily VW, with Subaru, Chevy, and Ford. My youth was American iron, Camaro, Chevelle, Nova, GMC pickup, etc.
I do my own wrenching on anything out of warranty.

Have a long list of mods to do. Started off with center console delete and headers when the primary cat rattle started,( about two months after purchase).

Surprised to see that there is no freeware program out to tune the ECU on these things.

More activity here compared to the rennlist. Many thanks to all that have contributed to the wealth of knowledge.

Edit for Prerequisite photo...

Last edited by WillH; 02-04-2015 at 02:33 PM.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:56 PM   #2

Garage
Good looking car! Glad to meet you.

2002 Boxster Seal Gray Metallic: Desnorkled, Changed ashtray to non-smoker's bin, Removed stickers from sunvisors, Added rear speakers, LED Shifter, Porsche logo on trunk lid, New top with heated glass window, Aspheric Driver's Side Mirror Upgrade, More to come...
randy7601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #3

Back at you

That seal grey looks great

WillH is offline   Reply With Quote