986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (http://986forum.com/forums/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   window trouble (http://986forum.com/forums/new-member-introductions/30559-window-trouble.html)

robinp 10-06-2011 08:45 AM

window trouble

Hi all,
Just join this forum,
had a problem with my boxster windows ; bought the smart-top one touch module for the top.
My top was working perfectly but i wanted the capability of opening and closing while driving and as claimed its plug and play (just replace the relay).
Had it installed , works like normal(no 1 touch), cannot work when handbrake is down.
work to support for smart top and was advised to program the module, gave instructions, follow and the top works fine . wonderful and was sastified as it can even moves when the car is moving.
so had it in close position and was driving happily.suddenly roof warning light came on .
stop car and notice that when release top latch the window don't drop 1/4 " and the top switch got no action.
re-instal original relay and all back to original but the driver side window moves a little when the door handle is pull but not enough to clear the top.
Anyway of re-programming the windows?
Please advise .
Thanks
Robin

ylow_bxster 11-14-2011 08:14 PM

my window's gone funky too.

I see this post is fairly old, and so I presume you have not found a solution. I now have a similar issue. A few days ago, the passenger window stopped going down when the handle is pulled and so is in the way to open or shut the door. I'm not sure if that means a module has gone out, or just needs adjustment/reprogramming. Would love to know of a nice fix for this, but since this thread is quite old, I'll have to pony up to the dealership, which is the only Porsche service in Springfield, MO that I can find.

Overdrive 11-17-2011 09:43 AM

I believe there may be instructions for this in the owners manual, but I believe the way the process works is to lower the window and continue to hold the button for about 15 seconds, then raise the window up completely and again hold the button for 15 seconds. This is supposed to cause the car to sort of re-calibrate or re-learn the positioning of the windows. You can try this to see if it will help.

However, as I'm having the same issue with my passenger window not dropping like it's supposed, I was informed that the window regulator is likely bad, requiring replacement. In robinp's case I think the above adjustment procedure, if it's correct, will work. For ylow_bxstr and me it looks like we may have to do some parts replacement.

I'd recommend posting in the first two sections of the forum (General Discussion or Performacne/Technical issues). These tend to be the most viewed areas and a lot more likely to be seen by folks who can answer your questions.

ChairmanRon 11-20-2011 07:23 PM

I have this same problem intermittently on the passenger side and believe it is caused by a fault in the regulator.

Cheers,
Ron

healthservices 11-22-2011 07:37 AM

I'm wondering if it is one of the micro switches, as my passenger door will drop if opened from the inside but not always from the outside handle.

Overdrive 11-28-2011 12:55 PM

In a situation like that I think you have the right suspicion, healthservices, since it's not completely inoperative.