Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #1

New happy Boxster S driver

Hi all, just chiming in after my first week with my 2003 Boxster S. It's been a hoot. I'll be getting a passenger door microswitch fixed and a general tune-up inspection done shortly and then it's just more bliss in downshifting.

I wanted to just thank you all for the superbly informative forum. You guys provided the essential support for me when researching for making this happen. Thank you all for your time.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, a word of advice perhaps...

My S has the windscreen fixtures and the mesh screens in place on the rollbars but I haven't found the middle screen yet. This car has the Bose speaker where the screen stash compartment should be as per the manual. It's in neither of the boots either - is there some nook in this car where the screen still could be hiding, or do I have to just assume that a previous owner has forgotten it on a shelf in her garage and get a new one?

Old 06-11-2011, 04:26 AM   #2

my guess would be that it's been sold / broken / lost / stolen / forgotten. my car did not come with one and i think a lot of used boxsters do not come with the center wind screen because of the above...

not a big deal. i bought one, but don't use it very much anymore. it rattles at higher speeds, the tabs have broken a little and i don't think it does a whole lot anyway, though some people swear by them...
Old 06-11-2011, 04:40 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by achsengewicht
Hi all, just chiming in after my first week with my 2003 Boxster S. It's been a hoot. I'll be getting a passenger door microswitch fixed and a general tune-up inspection done shortly and then it's just more bliss in downshifting.

I wanted to just thank you all for the superbly informative forum. You guys provided the essential support for me when researching for making this happen. Thank you all for your time.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, a word of advice perhaps...

My S has the windscreen fixtures and the mesh screens in place on the rollbars but I haven't found the middle screen yet. This car has the Bose speaker where the screen stash compartment should be as per the manual. It's in neither of the boots either - is there some nook in this car where the screen still could be hiding, or do I have to just assume that a previous owner has forgotten it on a shelf in her garage and get a new one?
If your interested, I've got one available in perfect condition . You can send me a PM.