Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #1

New Boxster Owner (about to be)

Hi Guys
I saw a nice black 2001 Boxster last weekend and decided I had to have it, so pick it this weekend. I already own a Mitsubishi GT3000 and a 66 chev impala, so this will be a worthy addition to my rather err, eclectic collection.

I took it for a little drive but not enough to really try its potential out. I do not expect it to accelerate like the Mitsubishi (as thats twin turbo) but I am sure looking forward to taking the Boxster down some winding roads, I bet its awesome on the twisty stuff.

The clutch and flywheel have just been replaced, its got around 85,000 miles on the clock, new tyres front and back, paintwork is good although a few chips on the front hood area which I spose you would expect given the mileage. Its got a good service history thru Porshe dealer and I am getting it cheap so hopefully the highish mileage will not be too much an issue.

I just joined here and will update with a pic once I get my hands on it.

benjoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

We look forward to the pictures! In the mean time, why don't you show us your VR-4? I had a base 3KGT in high school (1994). It made me popular. That's a cool car, but heavy. What year is yours?
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 AM   #3

Hi
I picked up the Boxster on the weekend, still trying to wipe that smile off my face. Took it for a drive, I knew it would be great around the twisty bits and I certainly wasnt dissappointed, just sticks like glue, no body roll, feels very tight.

It has reasonable acceleration, seemed to get up to 160kmh quite quickly, not as fast as my mitsubishi 3000GT, but MUCH better around the corners, really flatters the driver, and I love the sound of that flat six behind my head.
John
Old 08-18-2008, 06:05 AM   #4

Nice. Welcome to our forum.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #5
Ike

Great Accessories!

Good Mornin',

I like the car. In the background I see that you have one of the greatest accessories to the 986......a coast line......therefore: coastal roads!! !!

Have tons of fun,
Ike
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #6

Hi Ike
Yes, I live on the coast and summer will be here in a few more months, thats Sydney harbour in the background.
JOhn
Old 08-18-2008, 05:51 PM   #7

best of luck...enjoy
Old 08-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #8

Sweet car! Enjoy the ride - make sure she's warm before you push the RPM's! Welcome to the Forum!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #9

Similar situation

I just bought a 2001 Black Boxster as well - Savannah beige interior.
Will be interesting to see how it goes.
urban_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #10

boxster and VR-4

Hello, I too just bought a 2001 Boxster in Jan. of this year have not really had it out much do to the weather here it is the middle of winter, can't wait for spring to get it out. Anyways I also had a VR-4, a 91 all modded out with everything had almost 500hp man can that car move. I just sold it before I bought this car, I am very happy with how well this car does, it is much quicker than I thought and handles better then I thought. It has 19,000 miles on it, almost new. It is Lapus blue and Savannah beige interior I will attach some photos of each.

John
isiteweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:16 AM   #11

Hi everyone, new to the forum and soon to be an owner of a '99 Arena Red Boxster. I'll be picking it up this weekend and can't wait! I feel like a teenager looking forward to my first date! I'll be sure to post pictures asap. I have been browsing the forum and it seems to be a great source of information.
Thanks for being here.
joeyp_boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:47 AM   #12

Hello Everyone,

I too just bought a 03 Boxster 44k. Ext. Black Onyx Int. Black Dakota. I love it and I am sure I will have many questions as well. This is my first porsche so I am hoping for the best. Good luck to all the other new owners and lets enjoy our new toy. I will post pic's later.

PhxBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote