Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2016, 07:15 PM   #1

New from Oklahoma

Just wanted to say high.

I have just purchased a 2007 Boxster S, gotta say I love, love, love it. I've never though of owning a Porsche, never knew anyone who owned one, I just came across this one while out car hunting and fell in love.

Maybe someone will tell me the definition of 986?

And 987?

And Pcar?

MARTHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #2

Garage
Welcome to the group.
first boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:15 AM   #3
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTHA View Post
Just wanted to say high.

I have just purchased a 2007 Boxster S, gotta say I love, love, love it. I've never though of owning a Porsche, never knew anyone who owned one, I just came across this one while out car hunting and fell in love.

Maybe someone will tell me the definition of 986?

And 987?

And Pcar?
Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of information here.

To start . . . 986 - Model designation of the original Boxster from inception to 2004.
987 - designation from 2005 to 2011 (yours is a 987) Since 2012 the model is 981. PCar? Well that means Porsche.

Tell us more about your 987 and, as you will soon find out, without pictures, it never happened. So post some pictures! And oh yeah, SEARCH is your friend if you have concerns or questions so start there.

Happy Boxstering!
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
Welcome to the forum. Tell us more about your 987 and, as you will soon find out, without pictures, it never happened. So post some pictures! And oh yeah, SEARCH is your friend if you have concerns or questions so start there. Happy Boxstering!
Thanks for the info.
Well as I said its a 2007 Boxster S with an automatic. As you can see (if the picture posts) it is blue on blue. Don’t know much else about it. Extremely low mileage which I find by searching isn’t necessarily a good thing. Love it, can’t wait to take it on a long weekend drive over into the Ozarks.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #5
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Its nice to have another Oklahoma member.
I expect that you already know of some nice roads in the area, but here's a quick guide to a few that I really enjoy:
Five Muskogee Area Motorcycle Rides | TravelOK.com - Oklahoma's Official Travel & Tourism Site
I owned a Boxster for over a year before I joined the Porsche Club of America (PCA) and I wish I had done it sooner. The Tulsa area group is pretty active and has lots of nice people:
Cimarron Region PCA :: Welcome To Our Homepage
Old 08-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #6

Yes, I do know some of the roads. I will check out all of the Muskogee area roads that you posted. I rode motorcycles for many years, then I got too old for the temperature extremes so i traded it for a Miata, nice having a top and AC when it rained or got too hot, I have owned the Miata for 17 years chasing curvy roads with the Miata club, driven it coast to coast, drove it to Alaska and the Arctic Circle, now I’ve slowed down and gotten fat so I thought I would trade the Miata for some sort of sedan or maybe even one of the new Honda Ridgeline pickups, I’ve never considered a Porsche, too rich for my blood, but when this 2007 came along I thought just maybe I have a few more years of passion left in me.
One of my favorite area roads is the 15 mile stretch of Hwy 80 north out of Fort Gibson to Hulbert. If not for the occasional local traffic it can be as good as the DragonTail.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
Well as I said its a 2007 Boxster S with an automatic. As you can see (if the picture posts) it is blue on blue. Don’t know much else about it. Extremely low mileage which I find by searching isn’t necessarily a good thing. Love it, can’t wait to take it on a long weekend drive over into the Ozarks.
Hi Martha
Great looking Boxster, how are you finding the 6 cylinder growl coming from behind your head?

I find it very strangely addictive - to the point I drive with the stereo off a lot of the time.

Peter
YellowS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:59 AM   #8

Hi Peter, Yes you gotta love the growl.
while I love the sound I do have one gripe, the alien eyed exhaust tips, I want round tips.
I’ve not crawled under the car yet to see if the tips can be replaced without replacing the entire exhaust system but I’m going to be watching for something to improve the looks of the exhaust.
I love the sound so I’m not ready to change out the whole exhaust system. I’ve seen exhaust tips that supposedly makes into a true dual exhaust, that would be great if its just bolt-on. I’m hoping something like this will fit my car. Like I said I’ve not looked under the car yet.
I went for a long drive yesterday, drove around a nearby lake. I’m so excited about my new to me car that I’m about to burst. I never thought I would own a car like this.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Hi Peter, Yes you gotta love the growl.
while I love the sound I do have one gripe, the alien eyed exhaust tips, I want round tips.
I’ve not crawled under the car yet to see if the tips can be replaced without replacing the entire exhaust system but I’m going to be watching for something to improve the looks of the exhaust.
I love the sound so I’m not ready to change out the whole exhaust system. I’ve seen exhaust tips that supposedly makes into a true dual exhaust, that would be great if its just bolt-on. I’m hoping something like this will fit my car. Like I said I’ve not looked under the car yet.
I went for a long drive yesterday, drove around a nearby lake. I’m so excited about my new to me car that I’m about to burst. I never thought I would own a car like this.
Hi Martha
Cant help you on there exhaust front as I have an older 986. Im thrilled for you, I bet you look very dashing zooming along the side of the lake.

The older Prosche enthusiast gentleman I purchased my car from left me these parting words. "Porsches don't drive themselves, but the more you drive them the more you want to drive them". He was so right.

Keep me informed of your Porsche adventures and occasional pics.

heres one of mine.

Peter
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowS2000 View Post
heres one of mine.
Peter
I love your yellow car. I did a search of online pricing guides to check the used car value of my new to me blue Boxster, and just for fun I also checked the value of the different colors, according to the online guides yellow and red are worth $4000 more than blue. Or maybe its my blue is worth $4000 less, LoL. Whatever…Love your yellow but I love my blue too!
Old 08-14-2016, 11:42 PM   #11

Quote:
I love your yellow car. I did a search of online pricing guides to check the used car value of my new to me blue Boxster, and just for fun I also checked the value of the different colors, according to the online guides yellow and red are worth $4000 more than blue. Or maybe its my blue is worth $4000 less, LoL. Whatever…Love your yellow but I love my blue too!
Hi Martha
thanks for your kind words, The blue looks very classy and I love your wheels. One bad thing about the yellow (apart from it attracting unwanted attention) the plastic panels i.e. bumpers etc fade at a different rate to the metal panels. Its not too noticeable when its clean. Red does the same seemingly.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:49 AM   #12
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
... One of my favorite area roads is the 15 mile stretch of Hwy 80 north out of Fort Gibson to Hulbert. If not for the occasional local traffic it can be as good as the DragonTail.
Yes, I love driving that area. Here's a shot, just across the dam from 80. Looks like the Boxster was a really good choice for you.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:34 AM   #13

Hi Martha, how did I ever forget to Welcome
fanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #14

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #15

Your welcome and look forward to meeting at some deal someday. Until then have fun and be safe.

fanguy is offline   Reply With Quote