Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #1

New 986 owner in Bay Area

Just purchased a 2004 seal grey Boxster S with 69k mi on the clock. I had the PPI done and no major issues. Will need new front brakes within 3-5 k miles and they recommended a new 160F thermostat. First thing I did after a weekend of ownership was have a new LN IMSB installed as well as new clutch and RMS. I like the peace of mind. After looking all over Northern California I located one 3 miles away. It's got all of the options that were important to me and a few more. I appreciate all of the useful information that the users of this site offer. Attached are a few pics.

Roadsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #2

Garage
Welcome and nice find. Good choice of upgrades and maintenance. Think about joining PCA and getting involved in one of the Bay Area regions such as Golden Gate, Loma Prieta or Diablo (go to their websites to see what activities they do that you are interested in). You can participate in any region's events but have to select a "home" region when you join PCA. It's a good way to get out and drive your car with like minded people and learn about the area you're in.
I spent four years in Redwood Region when I lived in Sonoma and just joined Monterey Bay Region when I moved to Pacific Grove. Try the Porsche brunch get together at Alice's in Woodside which is advertised on Golden Gate Region's site. See you on the road.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #3

Sweet looking ride! Welcome!
doctorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #4
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Very nice looking car. Like you I looked all over for the right car in the spring & summer of 2014 and was about to give up in Sep when the car I ended up buying went up for sale less than 3 km from me. Again like your experience, every option I wanted and more.

You are going to love your car! And do as Luv2Box said, join the PCA.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:05 AM   #5

Garage
Hi and welcome from Fort Worth TX!

2002 Boxster Seal Gray Metallic: Desnorkled, Changed ashtray to non-smoker's bin, Removed stickers from sunvisors, Added rear speakers, LED Shifter, Porsche logo on trunk lid, New top with heated glass window, Aspheric Driver's Side Mirror Upgrade, More to come...
randy7601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:23 AM   #6

Love seal grey. Enjoy the permagrin you will have.
antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #7

Garage
Welcome!

Definitely join the LPR region of PCA. Then come autocrossing with us, its a total kick in the pants!

See link: Loma Prieta Region – Porsche Club of America

and for autocross: Autocross « Loma Prieta Region – Porsche Club of America

Where abouts in the bay area? I'm in Almaden - south San Jose...
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #8

Garage
Oh, and we gotta get that front Lic plate off of there ;-)
Old 05-29-2015, 09:57 AM   #9

Thanks guys! I just joined the PCA. I guess I'm in the Diablo region. That seems to be the closest to us in Danville. I have been thinking about taking that front plate off every time I look at the car. Funny thing is the other two cars we have don't have front plates. I just never put them on. I'll pull it this weekend.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:34 PM   #10
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadsport View Post
Thanks guys! I just joined the PCA. I guess I'm in the Diablo region. That seems to be the closest to us in Danville. I have been thinking about taking that front plate off every time I look at the car. Funny thing is the other two cars we have don't have front plates. I just never put them on. I'll pull it this weekend.
Looks like you'll need to order some bumper plugs. Where I live front plates are mandatory.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:10 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
Looks like you'll need to order some bumper plugs. Where I live front plates are mandatory.
They are mandatory just about everywhere...we are scofflaws and remove them anyway!...
Old 05-30-2015, 01:17 AM   #12

plates

I refuse to put them on and I think the cops feel the same way not stopped yet!
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #13

Welcome to the seal grey 986 club. Beautiful car!

PCAer also here. Sacramento chapter
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:20 PM   #14

Congratulations & Welcome

Hey, Roadsport.

I'm in Pleasanton and regularly check these threads for advice before trying to fix something. If it's too much for my skills, I go to a shop in Danville (near Costco).

My front plate holder "fell off" last year, and I covered the holes with some silver stickers.
Joms986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #15

Thanks 986_c6 and Joms986! I definitely love the color especially after a wash and wax.

Joms986, what shop do you use? I had my IMSB and clutch done by same shop in San Ramon, where I got the PPI but it did seem on the pricier side almost near what a dealer charges. I'm trying to do more and more of my own work using the Pelican Parts 101 Projects book and of course the Bentley manual but there are a few things that I may still use a shop to do.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:12 AM   #16

wow looks great by the way welcome
rupenzelleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:26 PM   #17

Sent you a PM

nowacuein is offline   Reply With Quote