Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2016, 04:56 PM   #81

Just a reminder guys the group buy ends Friday night...........get off your wallets !

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:52 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe toth View Post
Speed test....only to 75 MPH freeway driving. With using 3M two sided tape and the original plastic plugs they will not come off.
Just clarifying. Is the 3M tape necessary? How difficult is the spoiler to remove once the tape is applied? I ask because removing the spoiler is an integral part of removing and servicing/repairing the rear bumper cover.
Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:38 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
Just clarifying. Is the 3M tape necessary? How difficult is the spoiler to remove once the tape is applied? I ask because removing the spoiler is an integral part of removing and servicing/repairing the rear bumper cover.
Just make sure you don't use the VHB line/series and you should be fine. VHB stands for Very High Bond. I use it for other industrial application, it is basically permanent. Beware!

Do use one that is waterproof. Can't recommend any (not my product) so hopefully Joe will offer just what you guys need. Often easily removable (slice-able) with a fishing line.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #84

Hi guys, sorry for the delay got a bit busy with orders for some of my other bits. The mold is complete and starting to make parts. Right now I'm in the process of making fixtures to
to assemble the pieces so they all are the same. I hate building snowflakes (everyone is different) one at a time.

The group buy didn't do real well so with your permission may I extend it for a couple of days until my fixtures are made and I'm satisfied all the parts can be made to my standards.

A bit of a price change to the group buy which may get a few more to sign up.

1 - 10 signed up new price $360.00
We already have six so they save 45 dollars. Hope the you guys are OK with saving money if not I will accept the higher amount LOL.

11 and over $306.00

Her's a couple of pictures of the part. The additional piece in the picture of the back side is an insert I am putting in so the ducktail can be taped down to the top of the support.
Sorry I couldn't put this on my car, didn't make it out of the service shop yesterday as planned.

This is where I need the fixture to hold the pieces in the correct position so all the ducktails fit the cars exactly.
Joe toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:32 PM   #85

I'm fine with extending the group buy a few more days. :-)
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #86

Joe I will just speak for myself your offer is very generous and I appreciate the additional savings. I have money in my Paypal account ready to go so when they are ready I'm good to go. I am hopeful the new lower priced group buy will get some guys or gals off their wallets !
So when the end user receives their ducktail to prepare it for paint do we only have to sand/clean then hit it with primer then paint/clear coat ? And for mounting use the OEM style rivets AND some two sided tape ? The OEM spoiler " cap " is removed and then this goes in its place correct ? My Boxster S GT3 wanna be is chomping at the bit for this ducktail to be added. Once again thank you for doing these !!!
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
Old 07-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #87

Garage
Joe,
Looks great! Can't wait to get it on my car.
Now if I just had rfurest911sc's motor!

Thanks
Van914
Van914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:21 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van914 View Post
Joe,
Looks great! Can't wait to get it on my car.
Now if I just had rfurest911sc's motor!

Thanks
Van914
HAHA you wish !!! Heading to Jakes in the August/September time frame for some dyno tuning to see what the beast can do. We are " guessing " she will be in the 300 hp at the rear wheels neighborhood . I need this ducktail to keep the rear planted at speed
Old 07-25-2016, 05:34 AM   #89

Joe are you thinking that two sided tape should be used in addition to the screws/rivets ? Or should a product like an adhesive caulk be used ? I can't see in my case having to take it off but I guess would like to be able to if need be. But obviously don't want it to come off on its own either .
Old 07-25-2016, 06:09 AM   #90

Pretty sure Joe will tell you to use anything which is both water & heat resistant. Sealant, tapes, whatever. Should do well. Not that this thing see daily 500kg of pressure or anything, although in your case I could be wrong lolll

Like I said before, be careful of (some) of the 3M products. Some of their adhesive are chemically activated (true bonding) and often only applicable for industrial use. If not removed before 72hrs you can kiss it goodbye, it's permanent. Just keep this in mind!
Old 07-25-2016, 06:39 AM   #91

Ducktail group buy list:
To sign up copy and paste the latest list and add your name at the bottom
for clarification these are for Boxster up to 2002, 03 and newer are different

1 - NJBoxster2000
2 - rfuerst911sc
3 - Turn3 Autosport
4 - Van914
5 - Edreamsz
6 - Thumper

Here's the updated list. Five more to sign up and the price drops to $306.

My plan for the install is the factory plastic pins and a strip of two sided tape along the back edge between the ducktail and the mountng bracket/plate. With the extra size of this piece there will be some buffeting and I'm not sure the three pins would hold it steady. Haven't been able to road test as my car is still in the shop.

The parts will be shiny black gel coat, ready to use as is or a light sanding to prepare for paint. Yes the OEM cap is removed and this piece installs in its place.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #92

Add me please

Is the front spoiler also available?

1 - NJBoxster2000
2 - rfuerst911sc
3 - Turn3 Autosport
4 - Van914
5 - Edreamsz
6 - Thumper
7. -Turbodad
Turbodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #93

Yes sir it is. I sell those for 400 normally. If you get one with a ducktail I'll do it for 350 plus shipping.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:45 PM   #94

Add spoiler yes!!!

1 - NJBoxster2000
2 - rfuerst911sc
3 - Turn3 Autosport
4 - Van914
5 - Edreamsz
6 - Thumper
7. -Turbodad +front spoiler !
Turbodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM   #95

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Any update on the 03 spoilers
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #96

I will do that as soon as this one starts shipping.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:47 PM   #97

1 - NJBoxster2000
2 - rfuerst911sc
3 - Turn3 Autosport
4 - Van914
5 - Edreamsz
6 - Thumper
7. -Turbodad +front spoiler !
8 - Coloradojay

Come on 3 more! I'll take one either way, this looks great and just the spoiler I've been wanting for the Boxster.
coloradojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:53 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradojay View Post
1 - NJBoxster2000 2 - rfuerst911sc 3 - Turn3 Autosport 4 - Van914 5 - Edreamsz 6 - Thumper 7. -Turbodad +front spoiler ! 8 - Coloradojay Come on 3 more! I'll take one either way, this looks great and just the spoiler I've been wanting for the Boxster.
uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp lĂȘn nao ^^
edelkochen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:35 AM   #99

Price on the intake scoops yet?
Jthoms1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:33 AM   #100

I'll ask now rather than later as I'm sure others might be wondering how do you remove the OEM spoiler top cap ? How do you pop out the rivets ? Is there foam or adhesive that you have to break the bond of ?