Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
Bryan

WOW. 16 awesome Porsches going on the block courtesy of Jerry Seinfeld

And not 1 Boxster

Here Are All 16 Porsches From The Jerry Seinfeld Collection To Be Auctioned On Amelia Island - @FlatSixes - the blog about Porsche

Old 02-05-2016, 04:27 PM   #2

Garage
That 964 flat nose and carrera gt prototype!

Why is he unloading these. I hope he doesn't have health issues... Or know something about the used car market we don't.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:12 AM   #3

He has stated he is not driving them and feels it's best to sell them to other enthusiests. My guess is this is a very small portion of his collection.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Why is he unloading these. I hope he doesn't have health issues... Or know something about the used car market we don't.
Petrol/gasoline cars will be banned in <20 years on the roads. These Porsche classics should worth aprox $1,000 each at that time (banned)

Already started here in China. You can read news about it. My ROW Boxster car is EURO II and has a green sticker in it windshield that forbid it to roll inside the inner ring road (downtown Shanghai if you prefer). If caught, the car gets confiscated and sent to destruction.

Luckily I rarely use the Boxster car to go downtown and live outside of the inner ring road. So is the office, friends home, restaurant I like to go etc. So not much a huge problem until next year.

Technically everyone currently living downtown with a < 2005 car year/model (e.g. VW Polo 2005) needs to buy another car. Min is EURO III.

EURO I (one) are forbidden in the entire country. Automatic destruction.

Coming your way soon :/ Smart arse this Seinfeld dude
Old 02-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Petrol/gasoline cars will be banned in <20 years on the roads. These Porsche classics should worth aprox $1,000 each at that time (banned)

Already started here in China. You can read news about it. My ROW Boxster car is EURO II and has a green sticker in it windshield that forbid it to roll inside the inner ring road (downtown Shanghai if you prefer). If caught, the car gets confiscated and sent to destruction.

http://youtu.be/PjjNvjURS-s

Makes me want to be a lobbyist.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
http://youtu.be/PjjNvjURS-s
Makes me want to be a lobbyist.
If that song touches your cultural soul (cars!!!) you wouldn't want to be here to witness the already in-effect policy. Hearing/reading reports on the weibo blog of ppl having had their rides confiscated already (not verified). Policy came into effect Jan 2016.

Not that there is a dedicated task force to identify these vehicles, however (atm anyway) it is part of the scrutiny process when let's say; traffic/parking violations, accident report, stuff like that. Auth will ask you for your inspection certs, 'fake doc' better be good or kiss your pimped Carerra GT goodbye :/

Rumors are that the cctv is being upgraded to automatically spot those EURO whatever. Car plate gets cancelled basically. Oh US$12,000 for a car plate here, btw

Car revolution at its best (and if you dare to revolt (publicly), society eats you on the ground of planet earth)
Old 02-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #7

edit: what?!? deleted

Last edited by Nine8Six; 02-06-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote