Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #1

One touch windows: gone fuzzy?

At times, I can roll my windows up or down with just a single touch on the window control. I didn't notice this feature when I bought my car, but after a radio install and clearing of all codes with my PST2 I noticed it and it worked everytime. Since Saturday when I added rear speakers and disconnected/reconnected my battery this has not been the case. Sometimes the windows work and soemtimes they don't. Sometimes the drivers side will work and the passenger side will not.

I still get the windows up/down when I lower the top or open and close the door. I'm trying to figure out iof the issue is a micro switch or just a program function that needs to be reset. Any ideas out there?

Old 02-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #2

Garage
Try turning the key on, one window at at time lower them and hold the switch down for about 10 secs, then raise them & hold. This will reset the upper & lower memory on the windows.
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #3

Thank you!!! That worked like a charm and saved me a LOT of time seaching on the web for a fix.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #4

Garage
Glad to help. Just remember anytime you disconnect the battery you will need to do this procedure.

Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote