Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2003, 05:37 AM   #1
Regional Moderator

Post Fall Foliage Run planning

Time to plan the day for the run. Please respond to this thread with your availability. Please note I am not doing "votes" anymore because they are anonymous and we can't get a list of participants from it.

Saturday, 10/11 or Sunday 10/12?

CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 06:43 AM   #2
CK of Bayside NY

Saturday is perfect for me.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:51 AM   #3

10/11 sounds good for us. Hopefully we'll hit the colors a little better this year. I should be flying with a friend in the area leaf peeping and will be able to keep an eye on things. According to the following website it *may* be a little late but it's too early to tell.

http://www.foliage-vermont.com/

-Rey
ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:30 AM   #4
Forum Contributor

FWIW, the PCA has a foliage drive in Western MA/RI on that same weekend (Sunday 10/12).

I think I'm going to a friend's house in Manchester VT that weekend, but if not, we can probably join you.
Mark C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 01:00 PM   #5

Mark,

That will be a sad excuse since we'll be going to Mansfield, VT to tear the Mt. Equinox rd......

-Rey
Old 09-10-2003, 02:04 PM   #6
Regional Moderator

Hmm, looking at the foliage forecastts again I'm starting to have second thoughts about Columbus Day weekend. It looks like the weekend earlier would be optimum. On the other hand, we have lots of great western MA foliage which is later--and at least we would have that even though things might be brown at our destination point.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-11-2003, 04:03 AM   #7

Charlie -

In my VT school years, the peak foliage was always during the second week of October (about when Killington used to open for skiing). If it was earlier, it was due to summer droughts which moved the trees along quicker to drop their leaves.

At this point I can't commit to the date, but will join if two competing issues get resolved namely that I don't have to visit colleges that weekend with my high school senior daughter and that I have a Porsche to enjoy Equinox Mountain road in by then.

Glad to see this board is getting some activity again.

Brian
BrianF1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:16 AM   #8

Brian,

What's the deal? What happened with the 996?

-Rey
Old 09-11-2003, 07:47 PM   #9
Forum Contributor

If you guys go to Equinox on the 12th, I can arrange a nice place for us to meet. My friend says the P-Cars are welcome, and the driveway will hold about 30 of them
Old 09-12-2003, 06:39 PM   #10

Rey -

The C2 Cab wasn't the car for me. The power was intoxicating, but the rest of the experience wasn't hitting me like the Boxster used to. It wasn't much fun to sit in commuter traffic to Boston in, it suffered through the rainy summer and wasn't getting driven as much as I wanted, and it was a huge amount of capital to tie up in a car that I wasn't 100% in tune with. I traded it for an 04 Audi A4 Quattro as I needed a new main car as my old "winter" car has been co-opted by my 17 year old daughter.

My current plan is to pick up a lightly used 03 Boxster S as soon as I can find one with the equipment level and colors on my short list. There are a few around now and it's just a matter of finding the one with the right mix.

Brian
Old 09-14-2003, 06:10 AM   #11

Currently either day (11th or 12th) works for us...

BTW, we found a long wonderfully curvy roller coaster of a road on the way back last time. Just have to find it again on a map... it included at least one VT covered bridge as well!
Old 09-18-2003, 08:58 AM   #12
Regional Moderator

OK, I'm thinking more and more for Columbus day weekend as we originally thought. My idea is that if are are post-peak on top of Mt Equinox, that is no big deal--the vast majority of the ride is virtually guaranteed to be peak.

So far we have (on one or both dates):
-Rey & Juliette
-Constantine
-Mark C?
-Don V
-Brian (c'mon, there's a WHITE '03 2.7 with 10K demo miles on it in Nashua)

Anyone else want to chime in?
Old 09-18-2003, 11:48 AM   #13

Charlie,

We'll need to make sure we hit the old yahoo list and the list of people I've culled. What do you think about Mark's offer? Might make an interesting stop point....

-Rey
Old 09-18-2003, 02:24 PM   #14
Regional Moderator

How about it, Mark? Where is your friend's house?
Old 09-18-2003, 06:05 PM   #15
Forum Contributor

The house if off of Route 11 in Manchester. I'll check with him soon and let you guys know if we can make a stop there.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:34 PM   #16

Charlie -

It looks like I'll be visiting Ithaca College that weekend (Oct 11/12) with my daughter.

I have a few 03 S's in my sights too. I had one dealer offer me a new one for invoice less the $4K PCNA rebate. Given I didn't get the letter, the dealer is chasing PCNA to "grandfather" me due to my prior Porsche ownership. If it works out I'll have a new S very soon.

Brian
Old 09-20-2003, 06:44 AM   #17
Drew

Is the Columbus Day weekend solid?

Kathryn and I dont think we can do that weekend, but would love to go if the dates change. What a blast last year!
Old 09-23-2003, 06:44 AM   #18
Forum Contributor

Loosey and I can't make it. We're away that weekend. 10/4 would work if you do decide to bring it forward.
colinblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:23 AM   #19
Kevin the Slow

Smile

I had so much fun the last time, I'm in. Saturday is better for me. CK, if you want to run up together give me a call.

Kevin

P.S., will we be going to the same place for lunch? I think I was under dressed the last time.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #20
Unregistered

Charlie -

It looks like the 11th will work after all as my daughter has SAT1's that day and we will go to Ithaca on the 12th/13th.

I'll also have the new car on the way to being broken in by then as I pick it up Tuesday. 2003 Boxster S Black/Black top/Savannah Beige interior. I'll post pix under a separate thread when I get it home and can take some digital pix.

See you then if it works out. The 5th would also work if we look for alternate dates.

Regards,

Brian