986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group (http://986forum.com/forums/gbbg-greater-boston-boxster-group/)
-   -   July 20th: White Mts Run Details (http://986forum.com/forums/gbbg-greater-boston-boxster-group/434-july-20th-white-mts-run-details.html)

CharlesGordon 07-14-2003 09:48 AM

CANCELLED July 20th: White Mts Run Details

CANCELLED due to busy schedules.

We WILL do this run, but in early-mid August. Please check back here so we can make this the success it ought to be.

-Charlie

Mark C. 07-14-2003 12:13 PM

Myself and my wife (Sarah) plan on being there; unless the activites we have planned for the night before run really late.

I love the Kangamangas Hwy!

porschejunkies 07-14-2003 05:26 PM

We will be there!

Hi Charlie-
Both Tina and I will be there.

Regards
Ben and Tina
99' 2.5 Artic Aero kit

JSLeach 07-14-2003 06:27 PM

It's a great route. Janet and I are planning to be there, too.

John

colinblake 07-16-2003 01:53 AM

We plan on being there.

Colin & Loosey
In the Yellow one

Mark C. 07-16-2003 08:02 AM

Well, I don't think we can make it after all. Sarah was sick yesterday and needs to make up the work hours on Sunday.

I have copied the route though, so that we can drive it this fall. I'll be sure to invite anyone who wants to do it again :)

CharlesGordon 07-16-2003 09:49 AM

Sorry to hear that, Mark.

What do you guys think, should we reschedule this run? Seems to be really low participation due to Murphy's Law and the forecast doesn't look that great either.

JSLeach 07-16-2003 05:17 PM

I haven't looked at the forecast for that area, but I thought the early one was acceptable. If Ben and Tina (and any others, of course) are still up for it, I'd still be willing to make the run - - perhaps a slightly different route if Colin and Loosey are not so in-favor of the Mount Washington Hotel for lunch, fearing a repeat of last year's inordinate delay in being served. Janet and I have had a nice brunch at the Mountain View Grand hotel in Whitefield, just a little north of Twin Mountain; it might be an alternative.

I'll "stay tuned" to see what our abbreviated group concensus is. BTW, the 27th is no good for us as we'll be away.

John

BrianF1960 07-16-2003 06:27 PM

Sorry to be slow to respond. Sunday is most likely a no go due to a morning conflict. I won't know until late Saturday if Dori and I can join the run. And the next weekend is no good as I'll be in the ancestral home of Porsche (Stuttgart!!).

I hope everyone is enjoying the nicer July weather for top down cruising.

CharlesGordon 07-17-2003 03:25 AM

It sounds we should plan on doing a White Mts Run II in August and I think we can catch a lot of people not able to make this one. John, Colin, Ben, I'm going to clear out the details from the top of this thread and you guys can post below where/when you'd like to meet (especially since you are all from NH) and the route. Maybe you'll have some great ideas for us!

JSLeach 07-17-2003 05:15 AM

Hey Guys,
After I wrote the above message, Janet informed me that she could use the weekend to accomplish some domestic stuff prior to our leaving on vacation the next weekend. So it sounds like I'll be bailing out on this trip, too. A later White Mt run would be more fun if we can include more participants, as well.

John

ReyF 07-17-2003 06:09 AM

I'm all for a reschedule!

-Rey

CharlesGordon 07-17-2003 06:05 PM

Yep. Enough is enough. At least this got the ride on everyone's radar screens. We'll do it in August.

Bummer that we didn't even get in one July ride, though. :(