Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2003, 02:28 PM   #1
Forum Member

Replacing convertible top in MA

Hi everyone-
I recently replaced my own convertible top and have decided to do this on the side from my house on weekends. I resorted to trying this when the dealer wanted several thousand dollars to do so and I could not find an upholstery shop that I trusted. I have the entire set of Boxster service manuals and can do a replacement top in about a day with an exact and I mean exact canvas replacement top. I really enjoy working on Porsches and do not consider this a part time job but more of a hobby. If you are thinking about having your top done I can be contacted at tneuf@attbi.com or 617.448.2754 . I will charge around $1,400 per top depending on the car. Certain model years are slightly more difficult than others. I can also detail your car with Porsche approved products and do it correctly as well as re-finish your wheels so they look brand new again if they are faded.

Regards,
Jim Morgan

porschejunkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 03:59 PM   #2
Regional Moderator

This is a great option! I have an '01 but I would really dread it if I had a '97 top starting to show its age...isn't the dealer price something crazy like $4,000?

Do you also do replacement windows?
CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:39 PM   #3
Forum Member

The window is not worth it

Hi Charlie-
In order to just replace the window the top has to be removed so it is the same amount of work therefore it just makes better sense to replace everything.

Regards
Jim
Old 04-22-2003, 03:55 AM   #4
Regional Moderator

Another question...I'm thinking these are OEM tops, right? But it would be neat if we could get a tan top or other colors which are not available stock. The TechArt catalog shows quite a variety of colors.
CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:39 PM   #5
Forum Member

Yes these are OEM tops

Charles-
They are all OEM tops and are exact matches to the factory tops and I can get them in a variety of colors stock and non-stock colors.

Regards
Jim
Old 04-23-2003, 04:44 PM   #6

Talking great to know!!

Great to know you're giving us an excellent option!

Of course we don't need it now, but great to know that we have an affordable solution to someday getting a blue top instead of the current black top on our new/used S.

-Juliette
Boxsterless for almost 2 weeks, but feels like 2 years! I hate missing those first few warm days of spring -- always my fav

jtai21 is offline   Reply With Quote