986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group (http://986forum.com/forums/gbbg-greater-boston-boxster-group/)
-   -   May Detailing Date Poll (http://986forum.com/forums/gbbg-greater-boston-boxster-group/342-may-detailing-date-poll.html)

jtai21 04-11-2003 03:30 PM

May Detailing Date Poll

Please pick a date you'd like to have a detailing date. The location will be in Ashland, MA.

CharlesGordon 04-11-2003 05:59 PM

As Travis Bicknell said in the move Taxi, "Any time, any place..." :)

Vance (PA) 04-12-2003 06:51 PM

My vote for sale. ;)

William Harris 04-18-2003 08:06 AM

When will we close poll and set date?

Hey, maybe it will be above freezing in May?

CharlesGordon 04-18-2003 08:11 AM

C'mon, only 3 people for 5/10? Last year I got to watch as 3 people polished my rear window! This is a great opportunity to really get your car into shape and enjoy the first BBQ of the year!

William Harris 04-18-2003 08:28 AM

Can I vote twice?

Have we counted the hanging chads?

William Harris 04-18-2003 08:30 AM

Picture of Console delete

This month's Excellence has a great article on the GT3 which happens to include interior shots which show the European version with no console. It looks good and sure opens up the interior. Check it out.

jtai21 04-18-2003 02:16 PM

Hope we have a car by then!

Porsche Financial as nice as they were to allow us to back out of our pay out for the lease.....is taking their sweet time in sending us our check back! We've got the obligatory "check's in the mail" story.

Now we're all in limbo....I'm desperate for a car, and the owner is desperate for his $$

arrrrgggghhhh!
:ah:

-Juliette

William Harris 04-23-2003 12:54 PM

So it there a new S yet?

And how about that detailing date? Maybe it will stop raining one of these days. Want to guarantee bad weather? Freshly detailed car. Since I got mine done, crappy weather almost every day.

jtai21 04-23-2003 04:33 PM

rain, rain, go away....

Ain't that the truth!

Isn't that always the case.....
I think last year when we hosted the detailing day, it started sprinkling that evening or it rained the next day.

Well, at least the group gets to enjoy and take pix of very clean cars :p

Rockchalk 04-23-2003 06:32 PM

It is MOTHERS Day

Let us not forget that mother's day is May 11. If I were to detail on Mother's Day it would probably be the last detailing session for either my boxster or my wife might end up detailing me!!!! I might have to think about this one... JK

William Harris 04-24-2003 03:47 AM

So, when is this thing?

Mother's Day, no way. Furgetaboutit!

jtai21 04-26-2003 03:09 PM

We're breaking the tie - May 10

Agreed about May 11. Sorry, I guess I didn't notice that on the calendar or forgot when I put in the poll dates.

Unless there is a lot of opposition to this, Rey and I have decided to go with May 10 as the detailing date, and use May 18 as a rain date....give that the last few Saturdays have been rainy :(

If there are others who did not get a chance to vote....post here, or request that Charlie re-open the poll for me.

Hopefully everyone can fit this into their schedule, it's a nice opportunity to catch up and meet new members as it's a more social event and less of a driving event. If the day allows we can try and get a short drive in, but last time much of the day was spent detailing and learning from each other.

:dance:
-Juliette

William Harris 04-28-2003 05:32 AM

OK, where do you live?

How about having Charlie post another one of those dandy maps? Address and home phone number would be a good start for those of us who haven't been there before.

jtai21 04-29-2003 06:10 PM

Email me for directions

Ok folks -

Please email Rey or I and let us know if you'll be coming so that we can make sure we have enough food for the bbq :D

After I get your email, I will send out the pertinent info -- directions. We decided we really didn't want to post all our personal info out there to be accessible forever.

jtai21@attbi.com
reyfortney@yahoo.com

Try and RSVP by next Wednesday 5/7/03, please.
Thanks!
-Juliette