Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 10:35 AM   #1

Talking INVITATION: Mass. Area Sunday Drive 7/24/05

Folks,

We will be having a regional drive on Sunday for a tour of the suburban/rural area around Rts. 2 & 495 NW in Massachusetts.

Starting time is 3 PM, meeting at the parking lot for the Salt Box general store in Bolton, MA. (on Rt. 117 off of Rt 495). Finishing location is in Westford, MA. Most of the route will be along country roads and secondary highways in and around this extended area - lots of forests, fields, lakes, and a mountain or two will be seen. Some opportunities to stop at farm stands, etc. and finishing at the best ice cream stand in the area (and maybe the world ). Approximate duration of the drive is two hours.

All are welcome to participate, we currently have three cars committed.

Please let us know here (reply to this thread) if you plan to join us. Sunday's weather looks great for a top-down drive!

I will update this post with directions and contact information on Saturday. Please check back for more info.

-donv

UPDATE: SUNDAY, 7/24/05 1:30 AM EASTERN

Looks like we're picking up several additional cars (up to about 10 now) and the weather forecast remains great! I'm done with route planning and I think you'll enjoy it - lots of peaceful roads with very little congestion and zero time on major highways. At least one very fun twisty stretch (though it will feel too short, I'm sure...).

Logistics: Please be sure to arrive with at least a half tank of gas and a small amount of cash ($10 should be plenty). A FRS radio (like these - but any make will do) will be helpful but not necessary - we'll use these to keep in touch during the drive in case we get separated at lights, etc. Set yours to Channel 9 sub-channel 8 to link in.

Directions: Take route 495 to Exit 27 - Rt. 117 (I believe it is marked Stow - Bolton). Take 117 WEST (to the outside of the 495 loop) and the Salt Box (brown sign, white letters) will be on the left before the town center, just a minute or two off 495. You'll likely recognize the car(s)...
PLEASE ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 3 PM
so we may depart on time.

For those that may miss the start but still want to meet up for ice cream, the goal is to arrive at the Westford Kimball's location somewhere in the 5-5:30 timeframe so we can properly ruin everyones' dinner . Please see the link above to their site for directions.

Contact Info: See image below for details - sorry for the distortion but this prevents spammer access. The email address (note the underscore character '_' between the words) will email me and text my cell phone but is only valid for this event.

Last edited by donv; 07-24-2005 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Removal of contact details post event - image deleted.
donv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:42 AM   #2

IN

About time we get together!

-R
ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:36 PM   #3

Count me in too.
Are there some winding roads included in this route?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:25 PM   #4

Count me in...

Great idea. See you Sunday.
rboutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:34 PM   #5

I'll try to make it, if not I may just come for ice cream! Can I ask that in the planning you pick an ice cream time in case some of us can't get there at 3:00? Maybe 5:00PM at the ice cream stand?
ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:20 PM   #6

Hey Don I sent you a message earlier but figured I'd follow up with a post here. Check your messages on the forum's mail. I think we work together. I picked up a Boxster a couple weeks back. And just sold my S2000.

Perhaps I'll join you guys. I've been looking for an excuse to get past the damn break in period on the car so I can finally drive it.

Chad
cr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 05:03 PM   #7

Event report and photos are posted in this new thread.