986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group (http://986forum.com/forums/gbbg-greater-boston-boxster-group/)
-   -   Time to get the ball rolling (http://986forum.com/forums/gbbg-greater-boston-boxster-group/297-time-get-ball-rolling.html)

ReyF 03-19-2003 10:03 AM

Time to get the ball rolling

Well we've had the Boxster back on the roads for a couple of weeks now. Had a beautiful top-down day this past Monday!

About this time last year we began the season with a trip to Auto Fanatics to shop for detailing supplies and such. This was followed a bit later with a detailing GTG at my place where we had about 6 Boxsters show up. Perhaps another detailing session would be a nice way to kick off the season. I would be glad to host it again or if another member would like to offer up a place that would work too. At this point April looks pretty open on the weekends. Perhaps we can convince JL to act as detailing master of ceremonies again?

Also we should start to throw out ideas for drives for the season. I enjoyed both of the drives Juliette and I participated in last year (White Mountains and the Fall Foliage). Perhaps we can try something like Newport (or Southerly) again.

-Rey

CharlesGordon 03-19-2003 01:47 PM

Great idea, Rey. I'm....slowly....waking....up....from....the....wi nter!

I say we do another Autofanatics run, another detailing session at your place (unless someone else would graciously offer to host it), and our first run in Newport where in theory it should be a little warmer.

John and Janet, would you be willing to do a fair-weather version of the Maine coast ride? That would be excellent!

Let's keep the ideas going here. I've been much of the planning for two years now and I know we'd be even more successful with some more help. So, if you know of a great drive somewhere, take the intiative and let's go!

-Charlie

donv 03-20-2003 02:40 PM

Gimmick Rally?

I've been noodling the idea of setting up a Gimmick Rally to offer the GBBG folks this year. I've participated in a couple in the past, but not set one up before. Would folks be interested? I'd imagine that it is a fair amount of work to set one up (at least to make it a good one), so this might take me some time to pull together...

For those not familiar with this concept, check this page out... or this even better page...

I know PCA NER is also planning to offer a couple of rallies this year, but the type is still open (TSD, Gimmick, etc.). My goal is more of a fun event :D than a competition :matchup:.

William Harris 03-21-2003 08:11 AM

Trip to PCA Club Race at Lime Rock?

Another suggestion would be a trip to Lime Rock for the PCA Club Race, I think the event is May 2-3rd. Anyone interested?