Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 06:01 AM   #1

Almost time to resuscitate the group!

Man this has been a long brutal Winter. Been able to get the Baxster out a few times. Need to get it in the month for its 30k service ($$$). Getting ready for the trek down to Blowing Rock, NC for BRBS. Would love some company for the drive if anyone is interested

I've been giving some thought about what we should do this year. As usual I'll offer to host the Spring detailing gtg. We can shoot for April assuming the roads will be cleaned. Perhaps towards the end of the month. I've been thinking about changing the time of year that we hit Mt. Equinox and not timing it during the Fall Foliage rush. We spent way too much time in traffic last year. perhaps we can do a foliage route through some lesser traveled areas this year and attempt to avoid gettting killed in traffic. It would be nice to have another couple of organized drives with destinations and lunch.

Please offer up any suggestions on how we should do things or ideas for drives/gatherings etc.

Looking forward to shaking the dust off!

-Rey

ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:08 PM   #2

Hi,

Newbie here
I'll be taking delivery of a 987 Boxster S in June. I hope to join you guys in future meets/events.

Btw, Mohawk Trail on Rt. 2 is always a blast.
No_Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:55 AM   #3

Rey

I am very interested in your detailing day would like to learn more about your take on new porsche finishes and the best way to maintain them. I will watch this board for more info.
graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:53 AM   #4

Great - always nice to see some new faces!

I'll be getting the word out on the Spring detailing date soon. I'll post a date poll and see how the group responds. I'd like to do April. It will be probably 4/23 or 5/7.

We've got several people in the group that really know how to detail cars! Unfortunately this will be our first full year with the prime founder and organizer of the local group - Charlie. He moved to Sacramento last year. He also was very informed on detailing. I've tried to keep the torch burning!!

Anyway, I'll start the poll and send word out to the mail lists etc.

-Rey
Old 03-31-2005, 09:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard
Rey

I am very interested in your detailing day would like to learn more about your take on new porsche finishes and the best way to maintain them. I will watch this board for more info.
Many people swear by Zaino car polish. I'm now a believer. Giving the car a good rub down with a clay bar is a good idea too.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:45 PM   #6

Rey

I'll watch but if you would email me that would be great.

Top down weather yesterday and today. Weather to make a young man's fancy turn to ... open roads and wind in your hair or at least on your neck.

Thanks
graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #7

Graybeard

I need to update my email list.

Can you send your email addy to:

rfortney@gmail.com

so I can add you to the list.

Thanks,

Rey

and yes I got a lot of wheel time the last two days with the top down. It felt great!