Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2004, 02:14 AM   #1

Question State Inspection

I need to get my 2001 S inspected for the first time. Am I right in being paranoid about turning over the keys to an unknown mechanic? Anyone recommended on the North Shore?

sredni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 03:01 AM   #2
Regional Moderator

I always use the dealer for that. Figure it's the same price everywhere you go. Maybe your closest would be Pass & Weiss in Burlington?
CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 07:58 AM   #3

I've had both of our Boxsters inspected at various gas stations/garages with no problems. It's not like they're going to drive your car and it's just a visual/safety inspection anyway. Usually your the one who drives it into the service bay and hits the lights/signals and horn anyway.

just my .02..

-Rey
ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:38 AM   #4
b0xt0La

I heard a story in the 350z forum in which the shop inspecting someone's car put some 300 miles on it but I guess that's rare. Maybe you want to reset your trip odometer just incase.
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Alienz
I heard a story in the 350z forum in which the shop inspecting someone's car put some 300 miles on it but I guess that's rare. Maybe you want to reset your trip odometer just incase.
Then I would offer that the owner of that 350z is a fool and s(he) had an actionable situation.

-Rey

ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote