Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Garage

Pride and Joy

Garage
Vehicle Name Pride and Joy
Year 1977
Make Chevrolet
Model C10 Truck
Color Various
Packages Custom Deluxe trim, towing package
History My Dad bought this in California for $500 and then drove to Michigan, picked up a Century Resorter wooden speedboat, and towed the whole mess back to my house. It sits for 6 months at a time, and always starts when I need it.
Exterior Lovely patina acquired over the years. Radio antenna removed to lower aerodynamic drag. Custom grey primer tailgate (not shown in this view). Contractor rack, useful for mounting of plywood spoiler for more rear downforce.

Interior Carpets removed to highlight advanced oxidation of floorboards, and lighten vehicle for improved handling. Radio antenna relocated to a low drag area on top of the dashboard. Bench seat allows my honey to scoot right up next to me.

Performance Upgrades 4.10 rear end ratio, tailgate lowered when I think of it to reduce drag. Old fashioned parking brake pedal for those bootleg turns.

Engine / Under the Hood 350 cid 4 barrel carbureted American Pushrod V8.

Suspension 4500# of road hugging weight, suspension needed no improvement given that inherent advantage.

Wheels and Tires Multi ply truck tires on later model Dodge Ram wheels.