Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2015, 05:02 AM   #1

diy water leak from edges

Hi
Can someone link me to a DIY for fixing leaks coming in from the edge of the window.

It was heavily raining the other day and there was a lot of water leaking in, I checked to see if the window was up and it couldn't go up any further. I then opened the roof and closed it again and made sure all the trims were on the inside of the plastic deflector bit and still there was water coming in.

Not sure if it requires a reseal or if there is a way of sealing this then can someone let me know
thanks

gaffyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #2

I had a leak through the plastic membrane between the door panel trim and the actual door. Replacing the membrane and the ten attachment clips solved my issue. Where I saw water was at the base of the door panel on the carpet. It soaked beneath the speaker and back.

qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water leak roof