Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #661
Rookie

Garage
After six weeks I finally took delivery. Sadly my complementary extra LED color was not included (I ordered Amber installed and Cool White as the extra). Ive also not heard back from Fred on the Violet he said he would hook us up with for $8 so for now the only pics I can provide is the Amber. I was super careful installing with just my hands (it goes in much easier than the old one came out) but I appear to have a nice scratch above the C that is only obvious when the panel is lit so I didnt noticed it till it was installed in the car. Despite the complications of my experience this really is a nice upgrade and well worth the price. An interesting side effect is this new wind deflector really makes the missing roll bar deflectors that much more obvious (to me anyway). Appears I now need to suck it up and get the passenger side as I already have a brand new drivers side that came with the car and has never been installed. Ill get some dusk shots soon but here are some daytime garage shots for now...

Old 08-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #662

Garage
Hey Fred!

Is there any way to track my order? It's been a couple of months and the tracking no. on the website doesn't work.
davedeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #663

Garage
Never mind Fred

I guess I should have read down a little further.. It seems everyone has the same waiting game so I'lll just patiently sit here twiddling.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:00 PM   #664

Garage
The tracking numbers don't go 'live' in the USPS until they receive the package into their system from the Chinese side.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #665
Beginner

Garage
Anybody make contact with Fred lately? I've sent him 3 PMs with no answer.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:31 PM   #666
Custom User Title Here

Garage
He's undergoing a major overhaul at his facilities and swamped with the day job, so he may not be around until the end of the month.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #667
Beginner

Garage
Glad to know he's all right.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #668

My saga was similar to a bunch of you. No indication that the tracking number would not go live until the item hits the us. That left me in limbo for almost a month, the amount of time the item stayed in China before hitting the us shores. The item was delivered in less than a week from the time the tracking number went live. Be patient, it's worth the wait. A little more communication would have been helpful. I tried Fred several times over three weeks without reply. I surmise that Fred and the gt projectors company are one and the same now since I tried their contact process repeatedly without any luck also.

Hope all is well with him.

Larry
022520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #669

Garage
Fred did post this once the packages were at the the Chinese Post Office:

"SkyBreaker all gone, well nearly, 4 left to go. Unbelievable

We got caught by the post office. Max outbound daily is 5pcs and they stood by their rule all the way. Local post office is cheap, well compared to the private carriers. If they wouldn't have these rules in place everyone would use their service and they'd end up as busy as the McDonald right next door.

So that's the treatment they offer to little nobody like myself who ship without a legit business registration :/

Updated the site with all of your tracking No. And I am not going to do nor ship out a massive group-buy for anything "Best in the World" anymore - I think lollll"
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #670
Rookie

Garage
Since Fred is still MIA I'm hoping someone will be more familiar with this thread than I. Is it ok to use the heavy scratch remover from the Novus kit? Think I read the latest version of this skybreaker had a coating and don't want to screw up my brand new wb but I want to see what I can do about some imperfections.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #671
Beginner

Garage
I tried working this with Fred, but as he seems to be indisposed at the moment, I'll try to work it here. Did anyone order a hardened windscreen that simply said "Boxster" and get one with the shield and P O R S C H E lettering on it? I ordered the shield and P O R S C H E and got "Boxster". I'd like to arrange a prisoner exchange if you are interested.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:50 PM   #672

Garage
Just got mine!

Craftsmanship par excellence
Old 10-22-2015, 02:45 PM   #673

Garage
Roll bar clips

Where do the clips to hold the windscreen between the roll bars go? I got the clips from Pelican but no instructions
Old 11-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #674

Are these still available to purchase?
jlindsey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #675
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindsey86 View Post
Good luck.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #676
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindsey86 View Post
You could try contacting Fred through his website, but he has been AWOL for a few months.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #677

Anyone ever watched the show "Locked Up Abroad"? If not then get to it cuz I may feature in one of those episode soon. I'm just back from Thailand where I was supposed to stay 6 days - and 13 weeks later.

Warning to all: Do NOT get 'physical' when you'll encounter a pedophile - if this ever happens to you. Does not come cheap ((that's right, read correct, I lost it)). I even had to pay for his medical bills, two lawyers, and other things.... won't go in details here.

Not my fault (entirely anyway). I'll explain when things have settle at my end here.. I literally arrived back in SH 2 days ago

ps: oh and special thanks to Andy for (not) posting what I've asked him to post more than a month ago :/
Old 11-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #678

Garage
Good to see you're still among the living, Fred. Sounds like you have a hell of a story!!!
Old 11-10-2015, 02:25 PM   #679

J - PM me a phone number and good time/date to call in. I owe you an explanation
Old 11-10-2015, 02:36 PM   #680

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc2050 View Post
Good to see you're still among the living, Fred. Sounds like you have a hell of a story!!!
I'll soon be writing a book (well... a booklet). Lost 10 kilos and the rights to obtain a (any purposes) visa for Thailand permanently. Banned for life :/

Lesson learnt. Anyone witnessing a crime... look away, call the cops, do anything else other than getting involved. As sick as this may sound in some cases, take my advice