Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #1

Garage
Car 'Projects'....troubleshooting.

OK...I've got basically 4 issues with my BS that I'm working on. Any suggestions are always highly appreciated.

#1- Gear change.
I just changed my tranny fluid to Swepco 201. I did this because I was getting grinding into 2nd gear. Bad news first...when the car is cold...gear changing/engaging is VERY tough. Good news...when everything is warmed up....gear changes are fantastic. Big improvement from before the Swepco. I filled to about 3/4-1 inch of the tranny fill plug/port and wonder if I did not fill enough. Not sure.

#2 - 2nd gear grinding. While this was a common thing prior to the Swepco....once things are warmed up...this is fairly rare but still occurs. Ideas?

#3 - PSM/ABS lights come on when the car is cold. This is not a voltage issue....which is something that comes up with this issue. This is purely a temperature issue as much as I can tell. Cold start the car....the lights come on. Drive the car for 10 minutes....stop for a few minutes and restart....no lights. But stop for 30 minutes and let the car cool...lights again. Really weird one.

#4 - Airbag light is on. Looking for instructions on replacing the seat belt clips as this seems to be the #1 cause. Any guidance, link wise, would be appreciated.

Other than that...care runs GREAT!!!

Old 01-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #2

See my post in the general part of the forum regarding the 2nd gear detent. The post may be helpful for #'s 1 and 2 above.

dghii is offline   Reply With Quote