986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   DIY Project Guides (http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/)
-   -   My First DIY Projects for Boxster 986 (http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/43202-my-first-diy-projects-boxster-986-a.html)

pbalwani 02-16-2013 05:06 PM

My First DIY Projects for Boxster 986

Hi:

I got through first set of Service on my Boxster.

1. I had issue with idle dipping and than going high, I got the throttle body cleaned and this problem is solved.

2. When I picked up the car, I had Engine light on way back to home and had error code P1130 and P1128 after I analized it using a $25 ODB reader that I picked from Amazon. After analysis I decided to clean the the MAF Sensor and after cleaning it which was a very easy task, I had reset the engine light using ODB reader and the car is running smooth.

3. As part of my pre purchase inspection, the mechanic mentioned a small oil leak, I could not understand the details but today I got the plugs, tubes and tube seals changed and address the oil leakage problem.

3. I replaced the Cabin Air Filter, Engine Air Filter a total 20 min task.

4. Changing the Fuel Filter was very tricky but success in the end.

5. The oil Filer tube, has still a leak but I have changed the clam and hoping that problem will be solved.

6. I also changed Serpentine Belt

I picked all my parts at PelicanParts.com, for changing Tubes I picked up a tool (Change Spark Plugs & Tubes) recommended by Pedro Garage, it was of big help.

I used a local freelance mechanic that I found on Craigslist to help me with this stuff, and we finished all this in 3-4 hours. This help worked out great for me, because I dont have all tools, and it would have been tough to work under the car. This mechanic was good and honest and really worked out reasonable on price point. If you need contact (Cleveland Area) send me a note.

If will be happy to send more details if you need any.

mikesz 04-19-2013 11:44 AM

I had a CEL same codes as you. I replaced the air filter it was the worst I had ever seen! Cleaned the MAF and car ran fine and passed inspection. I was driving the car then it started running rough and backfiring. Replaced the MAF found one new for $115 car has been running great!

Chuck W. 04-19-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbalwani (Post 327859)

2. When I picked up the car, I had Engine light on way back to home

I try not to think the worst of people, but I would guess the seller had cleared the codes to sell the car. Glad you got it sorted in short order. Enjoy,,,,,

WhipE350 04-19-2013 06:58 PM

Nice work PB. Always great when a plan comes through.