Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #1

I love Porsche Maintenance/Codes

So, I recently swapped out my spark plugs, due to a code I had read a month ago that was a GENERAL MISFIRE. Swapped 'em out and found some oil in half the cylinders' spark plug chambers. Awesome, time for new valve seals, I'm presuming.

I also checked the codes again after the swap to see if anything new had popped up.

Of course, new codes galore. Any thoughts on what to do about these, and if I'm correct about my above conclusion?

Thanks!

P0410
Sec. Air inj. Syst
P1128
02s range 2 cyl 1-3
P1411
Sec air in sys. Cyl 4-6
P1130
02s range 2 cyl 4-6

Previous Toys:
2005 RX-8, RIP
1989 GTA, 5 Speed, Procharger Supercharger and 2 Core Intercooler, 1 3/4" headers, 3" Flomaster Exhaust, cat-delete, digital ignition, bigger fuel injectors
Oaktown 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #2

Intake and both sides

would point to something upstream and/or common. So lets start with the AOS as a theory and take the air intake tube off and peer into the throttle body. If there is oil there, then it may be from a broken air oil separation tank or the hoses that connect it to the crankcase and the intake. And it may be overwhelming the OS sensors as it isn't burned in the cylinders and escapes to cover the sensors.

Link to a web page which describes accessing the throttle body

AOS

Air Intake info

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote