Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #1

BERU spark plugs

Hi guys, I have just bought new spark plugs for my Boxster 2.5 1999. The person in a shop recommended BERU Ultra-X (4 ground electrodes - UXF 79). Are they the right plugs or do I have to have just with 2 ground electrodes? Thank you for your help!

NINJA333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJA333
Hi guys, I have just bought new spark plugs for my Boxster 2.5 1999. The person in a shop recommended BERU Ultra-X (4 ground electrodes - UXF 79). Are they the right plugs or do I have to have just with 2 ground electrodes? Thank you for your help!

The stock/OEM plugs on my 2000 Boxster S were Beru with 4 electrodes. That's what I bought to also replace them. Not sure on the part number or the "Ultra-X" part, but it sounds like you got the right part.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #3

My 1998 2.5 has only 2 and dealer also sold me ones with 2
blueillusion97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #4

I just put the Beru Ultra-X 4 electrode on my car. Was shocked at $14 per plug. Can't see how they are worth that much more over the Boschs
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #5

Use factory Beru plugs..... 2 electrodes

The engine was designed for 2 electrode type Beru plugs. Buying the 4 style is a waste of money. While the Bosch might be cheaper, I HIGHLY recommend the Beru ones. Any other plug won't be optimal.
cbracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:10 AM   #6

Don't pay twelve bucks

The four prong plugs are around six dollars at ************************************************************ and are listed as OE. I don't know about the OE part, but six bucks each shipped to your door is a good deal.

On my airplane we have no choice but to use two prong plugs, and I can tell you getting them gapped so they fire on both sides is tough to do, and in practice only one prong fires. Four would improve the odds of getting multiple spark. I'm changing mine in the S this weekend, having ordered from ********************************az.

Kevfra is offline   Reply With Quote