Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2017, 05:27 PM   #1

2003 Boxster S - 24,850 miles, excellent condition

For your consideration and review, my 2003 Boxster S. My story: researched what I wanted for over six months. Looked for it for another six months. Found it. Bought it. Brought it up to my standards. Drove it and enjoyed it. Wife hates the two seater. Won't go anywhere in it with me. I'm selling it for a four door. That simple. Not in a huge rush to sell. I know this car is near the top of the 986 line, in both mileage and features.

PRICE: $19,000

-24,850 miles and slowly climbing on weekends to keep things lubed and happy.
-Black, Black, Black

Service
-Pre purchase inspection by Sunset Porsche in Portland OR showed no significant deficiencies. All items identified were addressed after purchase. Additional post purchase inspection by local independent Porsche shop validated the first inspection.
-I had All fluids flushed by Porsche dealer at 20k, replaced with factory fluids
-Oil changed with synthetic by local independent Porsche shop around 20k have to verify mileage
-Replaced any little plastic bits and bobs that were missing or looked faded or worn in the last year
-New ignition switch due to the typical failure of cheap plastic part
-Replaced air filter and cabin filter, gas cap, radiator fill tank cap
-Have new drive belt, haven't put on because old one looks fine

Features
-Porsche CD player with BOSE speaker system including rear subwoofer
-6 Speed Manual
-Litronic projector headlights
-I'm told my wheels are Carrera lightweight wheels but don't know for sure, judge by photos
-Glass window convertible top with rear defrost
-Newer tires (<10k miles)
-Red 'S' on rear badge, increases hp +15, unlocks top speed. No really, I think it looks great on the black cars and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Answers to your inevitable questions:
-No IMS work done. The car is fine as is. If you're a big IMS person, factor that into your budget but my price stands aside from this.

-The CARFAX is clean, no accidents. Front bumper was resprayed by previous owner due to undesired rock chips. I think it looks perfect, you be the judge.

-Why did I price it where I did?
-A: Higher than all the high mileage 03/04 S models in the $15-17k range but lower than the Anniversary editions in the $22-25k range. Lets be honest here folks its a 14 year old Porsche with only 25k miles. If this is the car you're looking for, lets not quibble over $3k.

-No Shipping, local pick up only. I will meet you at airport if desired.

More photos coming this weekend but I'm a bit too busy with work this week to get anything done. Send inquiries via PM. Thanks!

Last edited by emeraldcity; 02-05-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Price adjusted
emeraldcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:39 AM   #2

Lowered price $1,500 to $19,000 based on review of overall market right now. However, this is about where I plan to stand on price, so no lowball offers please. I think once the sun comes out in March the convertible buyers will wake up and start looking around. Until then, here's a deal that will disappear in spring.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:58 PM   #3

Bump. 2 different people coming to look at it locally Saturday, let me know if a board member has interest by then and I'll give preference otherwise it may be gone this weekend.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #4

Did the car sell this weekend?

ericd is offline   Reply With Quote