Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2016, 06:11 AM   #1

2000 Base Roller $1500

I have finally decided I don't have the time and will never get to completing this car so it has to go. I purchased it with intention of building a track car. White 2000 with an intermix motor. 145k on the odometer and a salvage title to to flood damage of which I see no signs of and the previous owner replaced all the electronics that may have been effected by it but since my intention was a track car I didn't mind. I have looked over the whole car and found nothing i.e. Rust spots or major oxidation.

Interior is in good condition stock seats are gone but I do have one Sparco R100 that will go with the car.

Exterior is in good condition as well but does have some sun fade on the hood and a few dings in the rear like acorns or something fell on it. When I got it I replaced the shocks and springs with Bilstein shocks and Row M30 springs all around, ECS Tuning exact fit brake lines and Hawk HP plus brake pads. I also installed Sebro rotors on the front that do have a little surface rust on them from sitting but should clear after a short drive and no name slotted rotors on the rear. Motor maybe salvageable but I really don't think so lots of water in oil. Due to time constraints looking to get into something turn key any questions please feel free to ask. Asking $1500

Last edited by cellkid22; 12-10-2016 at 12:34 PM.
cellkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:02 AM   #2

Also has new M30 front and rear sway bars! Come take it away! There is more in suspension parts than I am asking for the whole car. Just want it gone!

Last edited by cellkid22; 02-14-2017 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:31 AM   #3
On the slippery slope

Garage
If you decide to sell the M030 sway bars I might be interested in them
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:44 AM   #4

Thanks Jay I will keep you in mind. I am trying to keep it together because the more I strip the harder it will be to get the rest of the car out of my garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
If you decide to sell the M030 sway bars I might be interested in them
Old 02-14-2017, 05:58 AM   #5

If I could find someone to to haul the car away with no suspension or anything I would part the whole car
Old 02-17-2017, 07:23 AM   #6

I messaged you about this back in the middle of last month. I *might* still be interested. I'd still like to see some pictures and possibly get a phone number.

Long story short I picked up a totaled 01 2.7 car a while back, and I might either put that engine in this chassis, or use that chassis to fix this car.

The distance is the greatest hurdle but like I said, I might be able to make it happen.

But I'd like to see what it is I might be getting before driving 600 miles or whatever it is.
Fish1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #7

Hi

I actually started parting it out which is yielding me much more than I was asking for the car.

Sorry
James
Old 02-17-2017, 07:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellkid22 View Post
Hi

I actually started parting it out which is yielding me much more than I was asking for the car.

Sorry
James
So, what's already gone?

I may still be interested in just a rolling body (to fix the one I've already got), but I'd like to know what's left and what you'd want for what's left.

Like you said you just want the whole thing gone, I might be willing and able to arrange that.

Just let me know what's missing and what you want for what's left.
Fish1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:32 AM   #9

Suspension is gone and I have someone interested in front and rear bumpers but if you serious I will hold off on that sale

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish1042 View Post
So, what's already gone?

I may still be interested in just a rolling body (to fix the one I've already got), but I'd like to know what's left and what you'd want for what's left.

Like you said you just want the whole thing gone, I might be willing and able to arrange that.

Just let me know what's missing and what you want for what's left.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #10

Admin please delete thread car is being parted out. Thanks