Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2020, 03:50 PM   #1

Low mileage 1997 Boxster like new SOLD

SOLD I am reluctantly selling my beautiful 1997 Porsche Boxster with only 68K miles on her. I purchased this car 5 years ago because it was a low mileage example (46k) of the first year of production for the Boxster. It was sitting in a carport for years before I bought it. Since I purchased it the following has been done over the last 20k miles: upon purchase I immediately dropped the engine and replaced water pump, thermostat and gasket, all belts, hoses, and rubber parts and coolant, IMS bearing and rear main seal (installed EPS IMS solution so IMS will never be a problem), AOS tank,, coolant tank, spark plugs and tubes with seals, front transmission mount, new brake lines with flush and new slotted drilled and vented rotors with ceramic pads, new adjustable (16 different adjustments) performance springs and struts, Michelin Sport Pilot AS4 tires, Pioneer am/fm/cd/mp3/satellite radio with hands free and bluetooth (car has Bose speakers front and rear), $6000. paint job (car was completely disassembled and painted), new factory windshield, new battery,, lots of new interior plastic parts, updated LED headlights tail lights and side markers, installed waterproof case for Immobilizer ECM under drivers seat. There is a lot more but I would have to go through the file with all the receipts to remember. You get the idea, I have been restoring cars for 50 years and am OCD. I bought this car for my retirement and spent way more time and money than it was worth but justified it as being my retirement car. I believe I have about $18k in the car and a whole lot more of my time and effort.
The car is painted in its original color, Pastel Yellow, which is a very rare color. The interior is pretty near perfect with black leather. I have added a number of factory interior aluminum parts this last year such as arm rests and shifter (not in pics). The car is fully loaded with the Tiptronic transmission, cruise, P/W, P/B, P/S, P/M, and P/dl. The A/C is ice cold and the heat will run you out of the car. This car runs and drives perfectly. I have just serviced her including new Mobil 1 oil with factory filter and I also serviced the Tiptronic transmission with the correct Porsche Factory fluid and filter. The top is in perfect shape as is the back window and I just replaced the bushings for the top mechanism. I also have the Factory matching aluminum hardtop for the car which is also in perfect condition with a rolling padded rack for it when not on the car. The car comes with the factory tool kit and original manual and two keys. I also have the two original Porsche car covers for her. the indoor spandex dust cover and the metallic outer and interior fleece lined outdoor waterproof cover. I have all of my receipts and lots of other parts such as the original headlights (in Perfect condition with no burning or yellowing), and other parts.
The only reason I am selling is my mom just died and I inherited her 2002 Lexus SC430 with 30k miles. The garage is getting pretty full and my wife is much more comfortable with the hardtop down on the Lexus after having 5 back surgeries so the Boxster is just sitting which is the worst thing you can do to a Porsche. Plus the Lexus was my moms last car, she bought it new for her 80th birthday in 2002 and I can't bring myself to sell it.
Nice clean, low mileage, early Boxster examples are going up in value as the others out there get older and the costs for restoration and maintenance get ignored. These early examples are much more simple to work on with very limited electronics and used and new parts are readily available for them.
This car runs and drives as it did when new.
If you are looking for a nice car that will appreciate in value and run problem free for a long time this is the car for you. I am not interested in any trades, scammers, or low ballers.
I am asking $10,000 for this beautiful car. Please give Bob a call or text @ BobRickel24@gmail.com
You can view on Craigslist here :https://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/silver-springs-1997-porsche-boxster/7168287516.html

Attached Images

Last edited by BobRickel; 08-04-2020 at 06:37 PM. Reason: additional info
BobRickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 05:34 PM   #2

Great looking car! My condolences on losing your Mom. Never easy.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:13 PM   #3
2007 Cayman S

97 Boxster

Great looking car and a damn fair price! Good luck.