Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2020, 09:36 AM   #1

2002 Porsche Boxster S for sale

Link to marketplace with pictures:https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1645767248917222/

For sale is my 2002 Seal Grey Porsche Boxster S. Unfortunately the car is being sold due to lack of space. I have had other Boxsters in the past but none have been as enjoyable as this one. With the 3.2 liter Boxster S engine this car is quick. The car itself has about 119,400 miles on it however the car has been maintained to such a level that the mileage does not represent the car. Seal grey is the rarest color for these cars. Whenever anything was needed this car got it. There is no slack whatsoever in any of the suspension. All of the bushings are in perfect condition and show no signs of wear. There is zero rust. The engine has been completely refreshed only about eleven thousand miles ago. This refresh includes a complete gasket set, a new water pump, spark plugs, new timing chain rails, a new rear main seal, a Dual row IMS bearing to eliminate the risk of failure that the factory bearings are known for, along with new fluids. Receipts for maintenance over the last 4 years are included with the car along with a clean NJ title, manuals, tools, a rear wind guard and the original unused spare tire. The car has been meticulously maintained and is mechanically perfect. The paint is in extremely good condition as well with no stone chips on the front. There is however a minor scratch on top of the drivers side mirror and a very small ding on the rear trunk which is almost unnoticeable but worth mentioning. It runs and drives like a new car. The rear tires are new. The leather has no rips or tears. The top operates as it should and has no rips or tears. The spoiler raises and lowers as it should. The seats do however have a few dry leather spots which are currently being treated with a leather restorer. The air conditioning works well. It has a Kenwood stereo with Bluetooth capabilities, GPS, and many more features. The car has just had an oil and filter change along with an full mechanical inspection about 50 miles ago. The cabin air filter is new. The brake pads have about 70-85% life left and the drilled 911 rotors are in very good condition with no grooving or scoring. The 6 speed manual gearbox shifts smoothly through all of its gears. The clutch works perfectly and was checked when the engine over hall was done about 11k miles ago. This is a fun car to drive has been through a mechanical restoration recently so all the new owner has to worry about is enjoying driving this great car. Reasonable offers will be considered. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Mikesporshes123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:27 AM   #2
Will there be cake?

Garage
Mike, notice this is your first post. I'm sure several of us are curious to hear how this sale goes and if you are able to get your price.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:41 AM   #3
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Looks nice except for those seats. Any idea why it has a 4-spoke steering wheel? I didn't know that was an option on the '02s

Old 07-14-2020, 03:52 PM   #4
A Porsche Guy

The steering wheel most likely has been replaced because in 2002 Porsche took away the option for the 4 spoke steering wheel and in 2001 the 3 spoke was made standard. My guess? There was an accident or because of the high mileage the steering wheel wore out. It is a cheaper option to replace with the 4 spoke than the 3 spoke. The airbag can be pricey on the 3 spoke.

Last edited by 1PorscheBoxster986; 07-14-2020 at 03:56 PM.
1PorscheBoxster986 is offline   Reply With Quote