Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #1

2001 Porsche Boxster S - TPC Supercharger, SSR Wheels, Numeric Shifter, Immaculate

2001 Porsche Boxster S, 51,422 miles, WP0CB29861U660324, 6-speed manual, Lapis Blue over Savannah Beige full leather interior, TPC Racing supercharger kit, SSR 3-piece wheels, extensive recent maintenance, super clean inside and out, clean Carfax, $15,500 OBO.

Factory Options:
Metropol Blue top
Full leather interior
Sport touring package – CD changer, door and rear speakers, cruise control, rear storage box, windstop, on-board computer

Upgrades:
TPC Racing Supercharger kit – installed by TPC racing, includes Eaton M62 supercharger, high-flow headers and cats, upgraded suspension bushings
SSR 3-piece forged wheels 18x8 and 18x9.5
Numeric Racing shifter
Function First aluminum shift knob with embossed shift pattern
Redline Goods Nappa leather shift boot
Non-smoker console panel
Weathertech floor liners
Removed intake silencer
Painted rear bumperettes
Front Bumper Plugs
Rear badging removed

Recent Maintenance:
Major service including spark plugs, RH coil packs (behind supercharger), oil change, coolant change, fuel filter, air filter, pollen filter, transmission fluid
Michelin Pilot AS3 tires front and rear
Removed supercharger to replace coupler, change oil, and replace idler pulleys
Alignment
Rear lower control arms
Rear cooling ducts
Battery
Ignition switch
Water pump
Turn signal switch
Radio knobs
Serpentine belt

History:
The original owner had the supercharger kit installed at TPC Racing in Jessup, MD, trucking the car both ways. I purchased this Boxster from the second owner, who purchased the car in 2004. Originally sold and delivered in Omaha, where it stayed until my purchase. Never a daily driver, never driven in the snow or ice, always a nice day car for all owners. The second owner drove it on nice days and otherwise kept it in the garage under a cover on a battery tender the remainder of the time. He only sold the car because of recent hip and knee surgery making it difficult to drive.

Exterior:
Lapis Blue is a fantastic color, and fairly rare. The paint is in excellent condition with a wonderful deep shine and great gloss. It was always hand washed by myself and the previous owner, and frequently waxed. Very slight swirl marks but overall the paint is in excellent condition. No door dings, two very shallow dents on the rear hatch that are almost impossible to see, no other body damage. Headlights and taillights are clear with no haze. Wheels are in great condition without any bends or damage, there are slight scratches on the center sections from mount and dismount (see detailed pics). The top is in excellent condition without any noteworthy wear and excellent operation, and the plastic rear window is very close to perfect. The only flaw of any real note is a spot of failed clearcoat on the driver’s side mirror, which is very subtle and could be easily fixed. Like nearly all of these cars, there are scratches on the underside of the front bumper, but you can’t see them unless you are under the car.

Interior:
Again in excellent condition. Most of the interior panels are leather as part of the full leather interior option, and it gives the car a much higher quality feel than the standard vinyl. Thanks to being garage kept the leather dash is in excellent shape, it doesn’t have any of the shrinking or cracking that you’ll find on cars that have sat in the sun. Plastics are also in excellent shape, without the normal scratching you’ll find on most Boxsters in areas like the door sills, console, and dash. When I purchased the car it had a stick-on woodgrain installed that was very tacky, I disassembled much of the interior to remove the woodgrain and give it an extensive cleaning. I also replaced the driver’s side mirror trim panel for a cracked tab, and installed a non-smoker console kit. No stains, no tears, no smoking, no pets. All interior features work 100% correctly, with hot heat and cold A/C. The previous owner replaced the driver’s side seat bottom, which has excellent leather but isn’t a perfect match with the upper. There is moderate wear on the driver’s side upper leather and passenger side seat, but no tears or heavy wear. There is slight shadowing on the door panels from where the woodgrain panels were installed, but it’s very subtle. There are a few light scuffs on the door pocket covers and console, but again very slight.

Mechanical:
As you would guess from the maintenance list above, the mechanical condition is excellent. I’ve owned a number of 9X6 Porsches over the years, and have a good handle on what these cars need to be right. All maintenance is up to date, this car will not need any work for a long time. The TPC Racing supercharger kit provides about 4.5 psi of boost, which provides a moderate bump in power. I would compare it to the performance of a 996 generation 911, substantially quicker than a standard Boxster S. The supercharger does a great job of filling in the normally weak low-end torque of the 3.2L, making for a much more responsive and quick feeling car. Other than some rotational noise at idle and whine under boost, drivability is like OEM. No codes, no stage 2 overrevs. Steering is excellent as with all Boxsters, no vibration or kickback, and smooth tracking with a recent alignment. Brakes are strong and without vibration and noise, and an excellent stiff pedal. The transmission shifts great, the Numeric shifter is expensive but by far the best shifter available on the market for a modern Porsche. No second gear pop issues, it shifts great. The sport exhaust provides a little more noise but is subtle, especially at highway cruise. Overall it’s a really great driving car that I would take anywhere.

Summary:
Overall this is a very clean and attractive Boxster S with a number of excellent upgrades, being sold for the same money as a comparable low-mileage stock car. I have invested a lot of time and money in making this car turnkey, and it will make the next owner very happy. Clean Carfax and maintenance records available upon request, two working keys, full owner’s manual, and records from myself and the second owner will all be provided. I will also include a custom fit sunshade and a rear window pad to protect the plastic rear window when the top is folded. Clean and clear KS title in hand, ready to sell. PM me or email at mattjessupbba at gmail.com.

Last edited by onewhippedpuppy; 01-24-2020 at 03:23 PM.
onewhippedpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:09 PM   #2

Old 01-24-2020, 12:10 PM   #3

Old 01-24-2020, 12:11 PM   #4

I will take non garage pictures after the snow melts and things dry out. I hate winter.....
Old 01-24-2020, 02:59 PM   #5
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

That is a beautiful car. If I had the "difference" I'd sell my existing ride and snap it up in a heartbeat.

Simply beautiful.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #6

Very noice car, do you think this kit will pass Cali emissions and was this kit tuned on the car once installed? I had a Lapis with gray int but tan is nicer.
Lapister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:09 PM   #7
Who's askin'?

That's beautiful. Mine is the same color combination.... but nowhere as nice. The SC is just free at that point, because that car is worth every dime of $15k.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:17 AM   #8

Thanks guys, Lapis Blue is fantastic. I wish they made more blue Porsches, so much better than the usual silver, black, and red you see everywhere.

I honestly don't know about CA emissions, the car has been in NE or KS it's entire life. It does still have high-flow cats and all of the standard emissions equipment, but it doesn't have a CARB sticker. It doesn't have any codes. As for tuning, the supercharger kit adds a 7th injector and standalone ECU to control it. I was told by the previous owner that the car was tuned on a dyno by TPC and made about 50 wHP more than stock, but have no evidence of that.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:32 PM   #9

Last edited by onewhippedpuppy; 01-27-2020 at 05:02 PM.
onewhippedpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:06 PM   #10

Old 01-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #11

Nice lookin' car big guy...but I think you got your bases covered on photos
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:14 PM   #12

First time I’ve ever been knocked for too many photos. That’s like being accused of being too honest. Btw I have about 140 DSLR photos for any prospective buyer.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy View Post
First time I’ve ever been knocked for too many photos. That’s like being accused of being too honest.
No, not exactly.
I’m all for honesty. But I, for one, would eventually tire of hearing someone repeatedly proclaim “Hey, I’m an honest guy!”

You’re right, though. Plenty of photos are better than not enough.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:35 AM   #14

Pictures tell the story. Plus I’ve been buying and selling in the online Porsche community for almost 20 years. If anyone wants to establish my level of credibility, it’s pretty easy to do.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:14 AM   #15

Was not calling that into question my friend!
Old 01-29-2020, 06:50 AM   #16

Did I miss the part where someone forced you to look at the photos?
Allegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:58 AM   #17

I don't think I have ever seen a cleaner '01 986. This looks great!
bonus21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #18

Thank you!
Old 01-29-2020, 06:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegro View Post
Did I miss the part where someone forced you to look at the photos?
You talkin’ to me??

Assuming so…no, of course, I wasn’t “forced” to look at the photos. I read the named topic, thought it sounded interesting and opened the thread. Read the description of the car, then fell headlong into the photos. Looked at the first, then the second, then the third, then…well, one thing led to another, and—next thing ya know—I had looked at 46 of them (give or take—I didn’t feel like recounting a second time to be sure!). Didn’t plan it that way, it just sorta happened.

But you’re right, I wasn’t “forced” to look at them. They were there, so I saw them, then made the pretty innocuous, not particularly contentious comment (that, likewise, nobody was “forced” to read), “Nice lookin' car big guy...but I think you got your bases covered on photos.” Even trailed that with a , confirming it was delivered lightheartedly, tongue-in-cheek, devoid of malice.

But you’re right—I wasn’t “forced” to look at them. Any more than you were "forced" to make your comment about something so abundantly obvious. Tell you what: I’ll stop looking at dozens of photos of the same vehicle if you’ll stop pointing out the readily apparent. Deal?
Old 01-30-2020, 02:25 AM   #20

Guys I’d like to request that we don’t turn my for sale thread into a rather pointless argument. All is well, no big deal.