Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #1

FS: 2000 Boxster with new IMSB, AOS, water pump, etc.

This Porsche Boxster is ready for you to drive and enjoy. It has had extensive preventative maintenance completed recently including the following, a new intermediate shaft bearing, rear crankcase seal, air oil separator, air filter, cabin filter, oil filter and oil, brake pads and rotors (drilled and slotted), convertible top with glass window, water pump and thermostat, spark plugs, trunk struts, and driver window regulator. Additionally, the radiator intakes were cleaned out. Current odometer reading is 111,800.

Upgrades include the three spoke steering wheel from a 2002 Boxster, five spoke 17" wheels from a 2002 Boxster, de-ambered tail and side lights from a 2003 S Boxster (original amber tail and side lights are included in sale).

The paint code is L92M, Polar Silver (but I call it light blue) and I have been told it was a $4K option. The interior code is EF, midnight blue, and the carpet is grey. The photos were difficult to capture color as the sun kept coming in and out of the clouds (the carpet is gray, with no rose hues as the photos show.) The top is an aftermarket brand fabric in Metropol blue and a glass window upgrade. To my knowledge the paint is all original except the front bumper cover which has had a respray, but is ready for another. The trunk lid is original L92M paint, but appears slightly different hue because it came from a 2001 Boxster S when the original got dented while closing the lid with too many things in the trunk.

The list of options on this Boxster is longer than any other I've seen. I can't say it has all the options, but it must be close.
• C02 US Emissions
• XLA Exhaust pipe oval larger cross section (Porsche description, not mine)
• XMY Roll Bar painted to match exterior
• X46 Tiptronic selector lever aluminum/leather
• X70 Door sills in stainless steel
• X71 Aluminum painted instrument dials
• X98 Hand brake handle with aluminum
• 139 Heated seat (left)
• 198 Starter stronger 1.7kW
• 232 17" alloy wheels
• 249 Tiptronic 5 speed transmission
• 288 Headlight washer
• 340 Heated seat (right)
• 396 17" Boxster design wheels 7Jx17, 8Jx17
• 432 Steering wheel w/tiptronic controls
• 437 Comfort seat, left electronic adjustment
• 438 Comfort seat, right electronic adjustment
• 446 Wheel caps w/colored crest
• 454 Cruise control
• 490 Hi-Fi sound
• 535 Alarm system w/remote
• 537 Left seat memory
• 551 Wind deflector
• 584 Storage box over engine
• 601 Litronic headlights
• 659 On board computer
• 692 6 disc CD changer Porsche Becker CDC-3
I am the third owner. The car was sold new in southern California and remained there until I purchased it in 2014. I have added only 9000 miles during my ownership. Included are the owners manuals, factory tool kit and jack, and wheel bolt lock socket. There is one key.

Once you park a Porsche in your driveway, you will not think of yourself as the same again. And this example is a great way to enter that Porsche community. It is very affordable to purchase, has had extensive preventative maintenance completed, and it looks and drives well.

This fine Boxster is priced at $6900 here, $6990 on eBay, it is sold with a clean Carfax, bill of sale from me (thus no dealer charges) and a title that is in my name, free of any brands and clear of all encumbrances (no liens). The is no warranty. Payment requires a $500 payment via PayPal within 24 hrs, and the balance via bank to bank wire transfer within 3 business days of buy it now. If you are local, the PayPal $500 payment within 24 hours is still required, but balance can be paid in cash within the three business days.

All photos are current. If you don't see what you are looking for, let me know and I'll take more. Please ask questions before you buy. We are NOT going to renegotiate the deal when you pick up the car. Fly in and drive home, anywhere, I've taken it to Florida and back with no problems. Decatur IL is served by a small air carrier called Cape Air from Chicago and St. Louis. They are not on travel sites go to their website. If you decide to have the car shipped, I am willing to help load the Boxster onto a trailer, but note that all shipping cost is paid by the buyer.

An incredible deal at $6900 for an example with all of this maintenance .

Last edited by Xcellr8; 07-17-2019 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Add price and mileage
Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:17 AM   #2
John H

whats the mileage?
JohnH123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:34 AM   #3

Mileage

Hi John,
Yes, one would need to know the mileage.
It is 111,800.

On the other sites I posted, there was a field for mileage, oops.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention,
Joe
Old 07-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

That's a great price. I hope you get every dollar.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:07 AM   #5

Bump with lower price, now $6700 here and $6775 on eBay. Trying to motivate all the watchers to get off their butt and pull the trigger. Really should be raising the price as I recall additional work that was not included on the list, a new NAPA battery and rear trunk struts.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:15 PM   #6

“The market” has no idea that there is not a better value out there than a well sorted Boxster.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #7

sold, sold, sold

Sold, sold, sold. Thanks
Old 07-23-2019, 06:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellr8 View Post
Sold, sold, sold. Thanks
glad for you it did ..

(had it bookmarked)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
jreissenweber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:27 AM   #9
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellr8 View Post
Sold, sold, sold. Thanks
Of course it did. It was a ****************ing bargain.