Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2019, 02:28 PM   #1

(VA) FS: 1999 Boxster $5,500

I am listing my 1999 Porsche Boxster for sale. Unfortunately I need the money for other projects right now and have too many cars. I have owned it since February of 2017 and bought it from the 3rd owner. I have some but not all of the maintenance records from the 3rd owner. This car is in good condition but it does have some flaws.

Mechanically the car is in good shape but it will need some things done either now or in the near future. When I bought the car it had a very slight cam seal leak (seepage) according to the PPI. They said it was minor so I did not get it fixed for the $1,300 they quoted me. It has not gotten any worse in the last 15k miles and I've never had to add oil between oil changes. Some of the gauge cluster lights (digi speedo and outside temp) went out last year; I have the bulbs but have not installed them yet. Rotors had a little surface rust after the car sat for 2 months when I wasn't able to drive it but are fine now. I replaced the battery last week and had four new tires put on last summer. Ive replaced the AOS and engine mount under my ownership and the previous owner did the water pump at about 81k miles right before I purchased the car.

I have modified the car a little and still have stock parts if you want to return the car to stock. I've installed a Fabspeed race exhaust that sounds amazing but is also very loud. It definitely drones mostly 2,500-3,000 RPM. I've also installed a 987 short shifter. The twist wheels are currently on the car with the newer tires. I can include the other wheels but the tires are completely shot on them.

There are some cosmetic flaws on the car. While I can describe these and provide photos, I think its best to have a look yourself when you come to inspect the car. Anyway, there is a half palm sized outward dent on the bottom of the driver's door. This happened from a piece of gravel getting stuck between the door and sill. There are dents on the hood near the Porsche crest. They are a decent size but not deep at all. The front bumper has a small dent and the paint has just barely cracked. Behind the tag is some damage as well. The wheels need refinishing but are in pretty decent shape. The top and rear plastic window are in good shape as well but the plastic is a little faded. The interior has some wear but no tears or breaks in anything. The ashtray does not open very easily but thats it. The center console is also a little scratched up. I am a professional Detailer and have polished the car before and the paint is in good condition except a few water spots on the passenger quarter panel and some minor scratches I haven't tended to yet.

I'm looking for or Best Offer. I think that this is a fair price but hit me with some offers and I'm sure we can both find a good price we can be happy with. I really don't want to sell the car and would like to see it go to an enthusiast. If you want more photos or additional information send me a text and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I do work overnight so please be patient as I'm usually sleeping during the day. I can be contacted

Having trouble uploaded images. Will try again soon.

Last edited by Mr Flat Six; 05-24-2019 at 12:37 PM. Reason: New price and some additional info
Mr Flat Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:40 PM   #2

Last edited by Mr Flat Six; 05-24-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:47 PM   #3

Didn't see the mileage?
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:04 PM   #4

Sorry I can't believe I forgot to post that. It's just below 97k as of right now.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:18 PM   #5

Price drop: $5,250.

I forgot to mention this in the original post but the VA state inspection is past due. I will try to get it reinspected before selling. One tail lamp bulb is out. Besides that everything looks good to pass. Also the car will not pass VA emissions if you live in one of the counties requiring emissions due to the catless exhaust.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #6

Bumping this back up to the top. I have driven the car a bit since posting this ad up. I will be doing a lot of the small things that need done on it this upcoming weekend and getting it ready to pass VA safety inspection. Everything looks good and I expect it to pass with no issues. I will also be doing an oil change and some detailing.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #7

Bump... Did not get it to the inspection station last week as I was pretty busy. This really is a nice car and I don't want to get rid of it. I still have 4 cars though and could use the money more than the car.

Edit* I can also post up the maintenance records if needed. I've listed everything about the car I know. I'm willing to work with buyers traveling a long ways and I live 15-20 minutes from Dulles international airport. I also have no problem taking the car to a pre purchase inspection at an agreed upon shop in the area. I'm willing to pay half if the results are shared. If something major is found we can negotiate from there.

Last edited by Mr Flat Six; 04-21-2019 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Further information
Old 05-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #8

I wanted to try bumping this up one last time. I have lowered my asking price to $4,800 and feel that it would be an excellent deal at this price. If anyone is interested feel free to call or text me @ (703)865-9073. Leave a voicemail if I don't pick up and I'll get back to you asap.

*CAR IS SOLD*

Last edited by Mr Flat Six; 06-17-2019 at 08:51 AM. Reason: SOLD