Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #1

2003 Boxster $8,500

Up for sale is my 2003 Seal Gray Boxster with 81k miles (just rolled over). It is the base 2.7 with 5 speed trans. It also has Litronic headlights. The light gray interior with Bose premium sound show pretty much no wear! Not on the seats, switches, buttons, etc. It has a lower center dash delete kit installed but I do have the stock parts.

The only modifications to the car are H&R sport springs (stock springs will be supplied with the car) with Bilstein sport shocks and a B&M short shifter. Everything else is totally stock.

The tires have less than 3k miles on them and the brake pads have about 4-5k. I just replaced the AOS (it did not get to the point of major failure) and cleaned the throttle body and intake plenums. The car has not had an IMS retrofit (weigh that however you want, I just do frequent oil changes and watch the filter and magnetic plug for signs). I also added the LN spin on oil filter. I also just replaced the ignition switch.

The paint and body only show a few minor rock chips on the front hood and bumper and there is the tiniest of tiny small dings on the right rear hip (if you are not looking for it it is not noticeable. The wheels have no curb rash or other flaws. The only negative is it has recently developed a dash rattle that I have not been able to address yet and it only makes itself known on really bumpy roads, but it is their.

I purchased this car about 4 1/2 years ago. I am the third owner. I know the second owner that I purchased it from was as picky about things as I am and by the condition of the car I'd say the first owner was too. Service records wise I have some from the second owner, but he, like me, did most service himself. I have only put about 5k miles on it since purchasing it. I don't drive a car everyday and I just could never get to the point of using it as a daily driver. I'm just one of those freaks that wants to baby it and have it spotless all the time, it's just a quirk in my DNA that happens with nice cars. That said, this is up for sale mainly because I incurred a large sum of medical bills recently when my daily motorcycle commute turned into a deer hunting trip.

PM me here or email me at cg986@yahoo.com.

Last edited by chrisg; 11-03-2017 at 03:10 PM.
chrisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:15 AM   #2

Old 10-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #3

Great looking car and I think you have it priced fairly. I wish you best of luck with your sale but more importantly, a full and speedy recover from your deer hunting event.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
Great looking car and I think you have it priced fairly. I wish you best of luck with your sale but more importantly, a full and speedy recover from your deer hunting event.
Thanks. And I really don't recommend my hunting technique to anybody!
Old 11-03-2017, 03:16 PM   #5

Price change

I came to grips with really needing to sell this, so upon advertising it elsewhere I've decided to drop the price to just under KBB. It's now $8500.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:39 PM   #6

NO LONGER FOR SALE

I have decided to keep this. Beaten down by dealing with CL shoppers and just selling it in general has made me realize it's too nice to get rid of it for the price, and I like it too much to part with it. So I found a way around med bill sticker shock and will be enjoying it for a while more (at least until I am ready to start shopping Caymans).