Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #1

wtb Boxster -- bad or no engine/transmission!

Looking for a great looking Boxster inside and out, but don't care about the engine or transmission. Northern California, but will ship from anywhere for the right price.
Thanks, John

jkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:24 PM   #2

Hi John, good timing.

I'm just at the point of giving up on my Boxster S . . . has a cracked head and block, but otherwise a very sweet car. Recent brakes, clutch, good tires, 6 speed. Hard Top, recent soft top window. I'm in Ashland, OR - but was in Marin before that.

I'd like to get $4,500 for it as is.

Here's a video I made of it a few years back:

https://youtu.be/cuNU-dirwxQ

Michael
mbraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #3

Hey jkelly,

I have a Boxster that you might be interested in but it does need some work. I have a 2000 Boxster S, 6 speed manual, with 98,000 miles on it. I've owned it for about 5 years and it has always been garaged so the exterior and interior are both in great condition. It's dark blue with black leather interior. I replaced the soft top cover about 2-3 years ago. The convertible top and all electrical components work perfectly. Everything is stock as well. The only notable defect is a curb scratch on the right front wheel.

My mechanic suspects it had an IMS failure due to the clattering/knocking sounds in the engine and metal flakes in the oil when drained. However, the engine hasn't been broken down so I don't know the exact diagnosis.

The car is at a shop in Livermore, CA right now. I'm hoping o get $4,000 for it but i'm willing to go down to $3,500 if you take care of shipping.

Let me know if you're interested or if you have any questions and I'll try to get you some updated photos.
wllmguo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllmguo View Post
Hey jkelly,

I have a Boxster that you might be interested in but it does need some work. I have a 2000 Boxster S, 6 speed manual, with 98,000 miles on it. I've owned it for about 5 years and it has always been garaged so the exterior and interior are both in great condition. It's dark blue with black leather interior. I replaced the soft top cover about 2-3 years ago. The convertible top and all electrical components work perfectly. Everything is stock as well. The only notable defect is a curb scratch on the right front wheel.

My mechanic suspects it had an IMS failure due to the clattering/knocking sounds in the engine and metal flakes in the oil when drained. However, the engine hasn't been broken down so I don't know the exact diagnosis.

The car is at a shop in Livermore, CA right now. I'm hoping o get $4,000 for it but i'm willing to go down to $3,500 if you take care of shipping.

Let me know if you're interested or if you have any questions and I'll try to get you some updated photos.
Hello wllmguo, that sounds very plausible. Sending you a PM now. Thanks, John
Old 08-28-2017, 07:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllmguo View Post
Hey jkelly,

Hello wllmguo, did you see my private message to you? You can also contact me at jkelly77 at gmail dot com.
Thanks,
John

Last edited by jkelly; 08-29-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #6

Got a great 2000 S this week, thanks all.