Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #1

(VA) Silver 1999 Boxster $6,200 OBO

Hey everyone, unfortunately I am listing my 1999 Porsche Boxster for sale. I don't think I'll be able to keep it because I'm downsizing to just one car and I need more space than the Porsche offers. Anyway, with that being said let me give you some information about my car.

It is a silver 1999 2.5 5spd manual with just over 88k miles that I've owned for six months. Mechanically it is in good condition but will need some things to be perfect. It has a very minor oil leak at the cam seals; its not enough to need to fill between oil changes. I was told it was better to leave alone unless I notice it get worse. The shop quoted me $1,300 in case this is something you want done to the car. The rear shocks need to be replaced soon but the car still handles amazingly! I believe the car is still on its stock clutch so it may need replacing in the future but has no problems as of right now. The tires appear to be worn through about half their treadlife.

I did some modifications and basic maintenance to the car when I bought it. This included a short shifter and engine mount. I've recently completed an oil change about 1500 miles ago as well. It has a Fabspeed Race exhaust that sounds really nice but it is incredibly loud although it didn't bother me. It does drone from 2500-3000 rpm but I still have the stock exhaust and will gladly include it when you buy the car.

There are some cosmetic flaws on the car. While I can describe these and provide photos, I think its best to have a look yourself when you come to inspect the car. Anyway, there is a half palm sized outward dent on the bottom of the driver's door. This happened from a piece of gravel getting stuck between the door and sill. There are dents on the hood near the Porsche crest. They are a decent size but not deep at all. The front bumper has a small dent and the paint has just barely cracked. Behind the tag is some damage as well. The wheels need refinishing but are in pretty decent shape. The top and rear plastic window are in good shape as well. The interior has some wear but no tears or breaks in anything. The ashtray does not open very easily but thats it. The center conole is also a little scratched up.

I'm looking for $6,200 or Best Offer. I think that this is a fair price but hit me with some offers and I'm sure we can both end up happy with the decision. I really don't want to sell the car and would like to see it go to an enthusiast. If you want more photos or additional information send me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Mr Flat Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #2

Any offers? Questions?
Old 08-31-2017, 01:56 AM   #3

your boxster

can't see the photos......
etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:23 AM   #4

Okay thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it later and hopefully have the photos up by the end of the day.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:28 AM   #5

if you go back to stock exhaust to sell ill be interested in the fabspeed. In richmond.
Jerry1847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:48 PM   #6

Sorry I forgot to update this posting. I have decided to keep the car since my situation has changed. I was originally looking to move and thought I wouldn't be able to bring both my cars. Luckily I didn't need to move. If anything comes up and I get put in a position to sell again (which I hope won't happen) I'll probably sell the Fabspeed exhaust separate. Thanks for the interest and I really do love the exhaust. It sounds amazing!