Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2017, 10:34 AM   #1

WTB Early Boxster S

Hey folks,

I'm on the lookout for an 00-02 Boxster S, preferably out of the IMS lawsuit VIN range so 2000 through early 2001.

Must haves:

Manual transmission
<$12k price
No PSM
Stock drivetrain in good condition
Top and rear window in good condition
Clean title

Other things that would be nice but are not deal-breakers:

USA M030 Sports suspension
OEM 17" wheels
Heated seats
OEM wind deflector

I'm not necessarily interested in the nicest paint or the lowest mileage, I'm going to drive the car a lot and use it for SCCA autocross in the stock class so things like body kits and expensive wheels/coilovers add no value for me. I'm willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the continental USA for the right car. Thanks!

troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:59 PM   #2

I have a 2000S with 43k miles for sale. Send me a number and I will text pictures.
Nedlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #3

I have a 2000 S with 42,000 miles in guards red with sparco race seats as well as original seats - and I am in Tennessee - so short drive for you. feel free to text or call me at (423) 339 - seven zero two z e r o

Has also already had the IMS upgrade with the ceramic bearing - I have the original for proof (it was in great condition) also has a new clutch on it (its a manual).

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
Hey folks,

I'm on the lookout for an 00-02 Boxster S, preferably out of the IMS lawsuit VIN range so 2000 through early 2001.

Must haves:

Manual transmission
<$12k price
No PSM
Stock drivetrain in good condition
Top and rear window in good condition
Clean title

Other things that would be nice but are not deal-breakers:

USA M030 Sports suspension
OEM 17" wheels
Heated seats
OEM wind deflector

I'm not necessarily interested in the nicest paint or the lowest mileage, I'm going to drive the car a lot and use it for SCCA autocross in the stock class so things like body kits and expensive wheels/coilovers add no value for me. I'm willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the continental USA for the right car. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #4

hey, look at those Boxster 2001 for Sale, Savings from $13,343 , not mine but may help you
wornorowoo1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:16 PM   #5

Bought a car yesterday, thanks everyone! (ended up going for the best MR2 spyder I could find instead of one of the cheapest 986S's if anyone cares - maybe I'll finally get a Porsche for the next car)

troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote