Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #1

WTB Power Seat Connector

I managed to find a 12-way power seat in reasonably good condition at a fair price. In order to install it in the most reliable way possible, I'm looking for a connector. Here are a couple of pictures:

They may be in other parts of the car, but the most likely source would be the wiring harness from an 8 or 12-way power seat.

Please let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks,

Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #2

You need the car side of the connection?
Old 06-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #3

Yes - It should be in the harness under the driver's seat of a car with a 12-way or 8-way power seat.

Thanks
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
Old 06-09-2017, 03:18 AM   #4

Subscribing since I need the seat side of this and I might learn something. Bought a pair seats yesterday and the connectors were cut off to use in an 997 seat conversion
CBRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRacerX View Post
Subscribing since I need the seat side of this and I might learn something. Bought a pair seats yesterday and the connectors were cut off to use in an 997 seat conversion
The seller of my seats took them out of a 996TT to make a race car. Unfortunately he was a little rough with them and several pieces are missing. I'm not sure that I can save the passenger side. The leather is in great condition though.

I previously installed 8-way power seats in my Boxster. I posted instructions here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/915206-upgrading-two-way-power-seats.html

The only difference with the 12-way driver's seat is one additional connector for the lumbar support.

Last edited by KevinH1990; 06-09-2017 at 04:06 AM.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990 View Post
The seller of my seats took them out of a 996TT to make a race car. Unfortunately he was a little rough with them and several pieces are missing. I'm not sure that I can save the passenger side. The leather is in great condition though.

I previously installed 8-way power seats in my Boxster. I posted instructions here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/915206-upgrading-two-way-power-seats.html

The only difference with the 12-way driver's seat is one additional connector for the lumbar support.

Thanks that's very helpful information. I have existing seats in terrible cosmetic condition that are heated and memory and a set of nice memory seats (no heat) that had the wire connectors cut off. So with all of that inventory I am going to try to get one set of nice seats with memory and heat!
‘11 958 S
https://dergarage.com
CBRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRacerX View Post
I have existing seats in terrible cosmetic condition that are heated and memory and a set of nice memory seats (no heat) that had the wire connectors cut off. So with all of that inventory I am going to try to get one set of nice seats with memory and heat!
The most difficult part of the task will be taking the nice leather off of the non-heated seat pads and installing it on the heated pads. The leather is held on by hog rings and most people find that it takes time to develop skill with them. There are videos on YouTube and those should provide basic skills.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #8

Woody had the part, so I'm good. Thanks for the replies.