Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #1

1999 Porsche Boxster -Aero Kit/997 Wheels - Charlotte NC

Up for sale -
1999 Porsche Boxster. Engine rebuilt at around 100k miles. The previous owner had a water pump go at 100k miles and whatever damage ensued caused him to have a rebuilt engine put in. At the time they also put in a new clutch and water pump. The work was done by HD Auto in Kernersville NC. Original paint. 2.5 liter. 5 Speed.

Maintenance records available. Below is all recent maintenance.

- Replaced air filters (engine and pollen)
- Replaced oil, filter and added magnetic plug
- Replaced spark plugs
- Performed complete suspension refresh
- Replaced fuel filter
- Adjusted parking brake
- Changed transmission fluid

As seen this Boxster has the Aero Kit installed and Turbo 2 Style Rims. Those two options alone are over $3500. The full suspension refresh was about $3200. New tires a month ago was $520. HID upgraded headlights. Top has some wear marks, but no leaks and window has no cracks. You get the point. There is nothing else to do but enjoy it. I took detailed pictures of everything. A few minor issues I would have tackled next. Refinish the leather seats. Fix the small dent/rust area below the turn signal by the drivers side front wheel well. Replace for a second time the cheap rubber lip that runs under the front bumper ($25 on Amazon). This car runs like new. Feel free to take come see it, take it for a PPI whatever. Title in hand. $11500

Last edited by Jthoms1; 11-11-2016 at 01:52 AM.
Jthoms1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:52 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Litronics? Where? You should include them in the pictures as this could be a minor selling point.

Best of luck!
Old 10-15-2016, 03:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Litronics? Where? You should include them in the pictures as this could be a minor selling point.

Best of luck!
Thanks for your post. I modified the listing. The headlights have HID upgraded bulbs. Frankly I didn't understand the difference. Corrected now.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:55 AM   #4

Bump...price drop
Old 11-02-2016, 01:11 AM   #5

Price drop

Bump..price drop.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:36 AM   #6

Garage
Beautiful car- except the front end. Do you have the original front bumper? IMO it might be easier to sell without that Fugly aero one.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilut2 View Post
Beautiful car- except the front end. Do you have the original front bumper? IMO it might be easier to sell without that Fugly aero one.
Okay admittedly I bristled at the fugly comment at first. However you do raise a good point that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Aero kit is a Porsche Aero kit installed by the dealer. That said I do not have the original bumper, but a take off in silver can be had for $250-300 and installs (as we all know) in 15 minutes.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:17 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthoms1 View Post
Okay admittedly I bristled at the fugly comment at first. However you do raise a good point that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Aero kit is a Porsche Aero kit installed by the dealer. That said I do not have the original bumper, but a take off in silver can be had for $250-300 and installs (as we all know) in 15 minutes.
Sorry about that- I've always thought that the Aero Kit has a bulldog/mazda 3 thing going on. But, to each is own. A late friend of mine once said..."if every guy liked the same woman- there would be a helluva lineup."
Old 11-11-2016, 01:53 AM   #9

Bump........
Old 12-31-2016, 03:19 PM   #10

That bumper is not the aero kit. It's a hack knock off from a third party company.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #11

The receipt from the Porsche dealer that installed it says differently.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #12

Quote:
wow, a dealer with incorrect information? no way.

do you really think porsche would take the styling from a 997 and then make an akward replica to fit on older generation 986?

here's a pic of the factory aero bumper
Old 01-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #13
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Yeah, none of that looks like Porsche Aerokit (bumper cover, side skirts or spoiler).

Your price is also $3k-$4k too high. Sorry.

Last edited by particlewave; 01-02-2017 at 09:02 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:46 AM   #14

First of all humara just came off like an ass with his post. Typical troll crap. I try to be respectful to other forum members and expect the same. Your post @particalwave about the Litronics caused me to go back and look at the lights and adjust the listing. I even replied publicly that you were correct and I modified the listing. So this last post about the listing being "fishy" is just crap. When I bought the car it was presented to me as having a Porsche Aero Kit. Maybe the actual kit isn't Porsche, hell at this point I don't know now. I am one of the most honest people you will deal with. I can no longer modify or delete the listing and am stuck responding to comments that should have been sent in private. The price is too high because I can't modify or remove it. I'd be happy if the moderator would just take the listing down. Somewhere along the way lost our way on how you treat people, trust until proven trust isn't warranted and be respectful.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:50 AM   #15
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
It's a Fiberwerks aftermarket GT3 style aerokit on the car (see link below). Some people like that styling, even if it is aftermarket, so it's not a big deal...it's just that people don't like for sale ads to be misleading in any way. Just say that it's got an aftermarket aerokit on it from the get go, and folks won't get all crazy on you. You might have just made an honest mistake thinking that the kit was a factory option...I mean, not all Boxster buyers are crazy enthusiasts believe it or not...I have a friend that has owned 2 Boxsters now (a 986s and a 987s), and he could care less to learn about the car; he just likes the look of them. Folks here just want to protect buyers in this community.

1998 Porsche Boxster 986 With New GT3 Aero Kit For Sale

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #16
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Don't forget that you are trying to get someone to buy something from you for more than $10,000 online. You need to be accurate and know what you are selling. Any inaccuracies found by others should be posted publicly to warn potential buyers.

The solution is simple: start a new ad with the correct information.

Best of luck!
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:27 PM   #17

Quote:
First of all humara just came off like an ass with his post. Typical troll crap.
Nothing I said is in any way troll or crap. you claimed that a porsche dealer told you this is a genuine Porsche part, and it is 100% not. It's pretty common knowledge that dealers aren't necessarily the most knowledgeable or trustworthy people. Other than supplying you with correct information and even a picture to make it easier for you, I'm not sure why you're so mad.:ah:
Old 01-02-2017, 02:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Now, this is some troll BS right here cool guy.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:33 PM   #19

Garage
Just sold a customized jeep hours ago. I understand the pain of making authentic ads where feedback is allowed.

I second everyone suggesting the OEM bumper.

Either way the Porsche looks great. I'm sure that new engine will give your buyer peace of mind. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
mattluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #20

:troll:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattluttrell View Post
Just sold a customized jeep hours ago. I understand the pain of making authentic ads where feedback is allowed.

I second everyone suggesting the OEM bumper.

Either way the Porsche looks great. I'm sure that new engine will give your buyer peace of mind. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Thanks for the help. I've requested the listing be removed. I can't edit or correct anything.