986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/)
-   -   WTB - Tow Hook (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/55923-wtb-tow-hook.html)

Giller 02-18-2015 06:47 PM

WTB - Tow Hook

Looking to get a tow hook for my 02 Boxster. Been tempting fate too long driving around without one. I'm up here in the Great White North - not sure how heavy it is for shipping/cost? Thanks.

history19 03-02-2015 09:35 PM

Tow hook

Giller, just purchased a new tow hook from New-Part.com - Import and Domestic Auto Parts and Accessories for $38.95 (US). Delivery was extremely quick.:)

Dlirium 03-03-2015 07:00 AM

Yeah, but they are all over ebay. This is what I got, way cooler and cheaper:

Universal Car Decoration Crash Worthy Purpose Front Tow Hook Trailer Blue New | eBay

RandallNeighbour 03-03-2015 08:39 AM

I agree with Dlirium. Don't pay big bucks for a Porsche tow hook. The aftermarket one will work just fine.

BTW, I paid $13 for my Porsche tow hook on eBay a few years ago. Stealership pricing is OUTRAGEOUS.

If you must have factory, go to Sunset Imports in Oregon and ask them for a price. 10% over their hard cost is what they sell for to out of state buyers.

Giller 03-03-2015 09:42 AM

Thanks guys - especially for the link. Definitely does not have to be OEM - just so long as it works. Ones on ebay all seemed to be about $50 plus shipping which added up to quite a bit for a tow hook. Like to spend my money on more important (ne FUN) pieces.

schnellman 03-03-2015 11:30 AM

Try "itsnotanova" on this board. I'll bet he's got a hundred of them down there in Texas.

Dlirium 03-03-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giller (Post 438691)
Thanks guys - especially for the link. Definitely does not have to be OEM - just so long as it works. Ones on ebay all seemed to be about $50 plus shipping which added up to quite a bit for a tow hook. Like to spend my money on more important (ne FUN) pieces.

?? $18 free shipping:

Universal Car Decoration Crash Worthy Purpose Front Tow Hook Trailer Blue New | eBay

Hogosha 03-05-2015 02:42 PM

These EBay ones fit the Boxster no problem?

Giller 03-17-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dlirium (Post 438724)

You have this and it fits a Boxster? Listing says it is NOT compatible with a Boxster.....but those aren't always accurate.

BirdDog 03-24-2015 10:34 AM

I'd shoot Woody (ItsNotANova) a message. With all the cars he gets and parts out he must have at least a few tow hooks.

steved0x 03-24-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giller (Post 440649)
You have this and it fits a Boxster? Listing says it is NOT compatible with a Boxster.....but those aren't always accurate.

It does say it fits a 2000 Porsche 911, if true then it fits the boxster. I think they all are the same, check the fit guide for the Rennline tow hooks to see what years are the same.

Woody probably has one (itsnotanova) and could probably ship USPS to save on the shipping.

I have the rennline and I leave it on all the time because I think it looks cool :)

For $18 that eBay one looks a lot like it and I like the blue, I may pick one up and sell the rennline one if the eBay one looks like it is any good. I don't want it to fly apart if I ever need to get a tow...

itsnotanova 03-24-2015 04:09 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Surprisingly I don't really have extra ones. The good ones get sold with good kits and the few rusty ones I have, I use around here.