Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #1

Boxster For Sale

Up for sale is my 1997 Porsche Boxster. The Boxster is Artic Silver metallic with Nephrite green leather interior. The car has 42,100 miles and has been well kept. The car features full leather interior, remote alarm, windstop, cruise control, active brake differential, traction control, hifi sound, heated and adjustable driver side mirror, and is fitted for a hard top that I do not have. The automatic climate control heats and cools as it is suppose to. The top opens and closes as it should.

A lot of recent service has been done on the car that includes:
• Reseal of entire engine with new gaskets, seals and bolts
• Replaced intermediate shaft bearing
• Installed new camshaft brake set
• New waterpump
• New serpentine belt
• New airfilter
• Installed magnetic Bigfoot drain plug when changing the oil (mobil 1)
• New front rotors and pads
• 2 new 255-40ZR-17 BFG G force sport comp 2 tires (rear). Tires have less than 250 miles
• 2 new 225-45Z-17 BFG G force sport comp 2 tires (front)

Aftermarket parts that are on the car include:
• Techart formula championship wheels by OZ wheels, fronts are 17x8.5, rears are 17x10
• Techart lowering springs (have stock springs)
• Techart pedals
• Front/rear strut braces
• Technobrace for Lower suspension stiffening from pedrosgarage.com
• LED taillights
• Smoked turn indicators by Hella

The car runs and drives very smooth. It is a fun car drive and is very nimble. Selling because we are relocating and need something that can tow. Please call if you have questions about the car.In the pictures the top was not in working order so the "clamshell" was not down all the way. The plastic ball socket that works the top broke, a common fault due to age. That piece is now replaced and the top works great. Please call or text if you have any questions, 828-371-8635. I'm asking $9,000.

Last edited by greenmtrice; 06-14-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: price drop
greenmtrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #2

Old 06-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #3

Instead of selling as a whole what do you guys think about parting the car? Is it worth it? Would I get more money for the car in the long run? Any feedback would be great. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Custom User Title Here

Garage
I think parting out would be very labor intensive and you may have a partially disassembled car on your property for some time.
It would also be a shame to see such a nice example go on the chopping block.

That said, I think you price is a bit high. The 17's and the less desirable green interior may hurt the price as well. Those aside, if you are looking to move it quickly, $7.5k - $8.5k is more realistic.
I know that's not what you want to hear, especially after doing some the things you've done like the IMS, but maintenance items and aftermarket mods really don't raise the value of the car.

Best of luck with the sale!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
I think parting out would be very labor intensive and you may have a partially disassembled car on your property for some time.
It would also be a shame to see such a nice example go on the chopping block.

That said, I think you price is a bit high. The 17's and the less desirable green interior may hurt the price as well. Those aside, if you are looking to move it quickly, $7.5k - $8.5k is more realistic.
I know that's not what you want to hear, especially after doing some the things you've done like the IMS, but maintenance items and aftermarket mods really don't raise the value of the car.

Best of luck with the sale!
Thanks for the insight. I was hoping the green would be more desirable. I havent seen any others for sale. The color really grows on you too.
Ill drop my price to 9k or best resonable offer
Old 06-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #6

Anymore feed back?
Old 06-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #7

Still thinking about parting. Taking offers on complete interior+your dash pad. Taking offers on the wheels also.... pm offers thanks.

Last edited by greenmtrice; 06-19-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtrice View Post
Instead of selling as a whole what do you guys think about parting the car? Is it worth it? Would I get more money for the car in the long run? Any feedback would be great. Thanks!
Such a clean car with so much recent work, I would never consider parting out, supply is high and demand is low for 2.5s, but your car has all the right work done to it and the right price to sell.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #9

Garage
Boxster For Sale

Also selling green interior bits will be hard, the car as a whole is nice though. The wheels may turn away a few buyers though, I would say that you would have more luck selling this car locally and make sure people understand the significance of the new ims and such, that will make them prefer your car to others. Expect 8.2 to 8.5. You are kinda stuck in a hard place, low mileage 2.5s are worth 10k or so, but most would rather have a 2.7 or an s with for that price, which makes selling a low mileage 2.5 for what it's worth, very difficult.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #10

Thanks for the great feedback. I was thinking the wheels were a plus, especially since ive seen the same wheel go for a lot by themselves.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the great feedback. I was thinking the wheels were a plus, especially since ive seen the same wheel go for a lot by themselves.
And that is why I would almost suggest selling them and putting some more sleeper wheels on the car. You would come out about even, and it would be more appealing to buyers, people like nice rims and mods on a car, but for some reason most enjoy to be the one to do the mod.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #12

I really like the green. If I were in the market it would be a plus.
However, its rarity means that while any individual piece might command a higher than avg price, t here are not many prospective buyers & thus it could take forever to sell it all, unless you run into the rare person who wants to do a swap of the entire interior.

Save yourself a major hassle and be kind enough to pass along a really nice example of the marque to a fortunate new owner. It will be like paying back karma for all the fun you have had with it!
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:59 AM   #13

If I were to sell the interior it would have to be as a whole. Great feedback. Thanks
Old 06-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #14

Garage
Saw the car listed locally, can you describe what a rebuilt title means?
Old 06-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #15

Two owners before me either was hit or had an accident. Light damage in the passenger side front. Bumper cover, headlight and fender were replaced. Did not pop airbags. Removed panels to inspect for damage, none to be found, took pictures, purchased car. Its been great. no issues or irregular tire wear. The guy I purchased it from also loved the car.
Price drop to $8,750 due to relocating, and the end of the month is fast approching.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #16

Unfortunately a rebuilt title will limit your buyer pool regardless of the damage, and you'll be hard pressed to get a fair price for the car.

Hopefully you can wait for the right buyer - he's out there somewhere. It would be a good base for a Spec Boxster car, but you'll have to drop the price for it to be attractive.

I think it's way too nice a car to part, but I'm first in line for the entire interior if'n you do.

Rick
Old 06-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #17

The car sold. Thanks guys
Old 06-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #18

Garage
Quote:
The car sold. Thanks guys
Glad you were able to sell, mechanically it had everything someone could want!