986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Boxster 2013 buying any suggestions on buying (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/51230-boxster-2013-buying-any-suggestions-buying.html)

Qwikdraw 03-19-2014 04:47 AM

Boxster 2013 buying any suggestions on buying

Hello, I am new to the forum and new to the Porsche world. I read the forum and sometimes it's a little scary for owning one and on the other hand fun to have and drive. But seams to me continuous maintenance and money. Nobody talks about the newer models Porsche.
I want to buy new Porsche 13 or the 14 year. Should I get bells and whistles or base? For what I can see most new cars comes with bells and whistle. I know it's expensive but I was saving for a Nissan 370 but saw a Porsche one day an fell in love. For some of you die hard owners should I buy new or used? And what should I get and not get or if any information you feel can help me with my purchase will be helpful.
New guy needs help!!:dance:

nicecar 03-19-2014 09:03 AM

perfectlap

I have been on this forum for 3 years. I think that a guy that goes buy perfectlap can answer your questions best. Try a private message to him if he doesn't respond soon. Best of luck . If bought new or used in those years factory warranty still in place. The older models are more raw. No electronic steering. pdk etc. I have an 02 box. Had an 09 box and cayman loaner for weeks....couldn't wait to get back in the 02 s. I would recommend a S model no matter what, although the base 09 box had plenty of pep to its step. The cayman was auto. so it took some getting used to but far less engaging IMO. but what do I know!

WhipE350 03-19-2014 02:05 PM

I am a 2013 981 Boxster owner. See my garage. Previous owner of 986 and 987. I have had it exactly a year and 5000 miles of driving. I could probably write pages here about the cars. I think it would be easier to understand your requirements so I can help you. Another good forum for 981 is planet-9.

There are some excellent low mileage 981s out there and you will save a ton over new. You are going to pay more than the Nissan, even the expensive new 370z top out in low 40s. They really are very different. If you want a true drivers car and want to feel at one with the road the Porsche is the right car. If you like a powerful cruiser the 370z is nice.

You also should consider the 987 Boxsters. The 2009 'S' and up are awesome. I will say this though...the 986 and 987 are much more similar in feel than the 987 to 981. I drive 911s (991) all the time and when I get back in my Boxster I'm never disappointed.

PM me if you want to talk some more, I can help you out.