Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 04:35 AM   #1

1999 Boxster 2.5 Tipronic S (U.K)

1999 Porsche Boxster 2.5 Tiptronic S
Silver with Full Charcoal Leather

I bought this car at the start of Summer for some open-top motoring fun and have enjoyed it that much I’m wanting to upgrade to a 911.

The car is in very good condition considering its 14 years old and drives like a dream - the light silver exterior twinned with the charcoal interior is in my opinion the best combination. I bought the car off a good friend who cherished the car for many years, It has covered a little over 140,000 miles which about 10,000 per year, and the car has clearly been taken care of over this time. I have a folder of records detailing of all work undertaken including invoices, service history and previous MOT certificates. I also have old (clear) HPI Checks, tracker information, sales receipts for four previous owners and all of the manufacturers documentation including; drivers manual, radio manual, service manual and the all-important guarantee and maintenance book. This holds all of the service information which shows regular maintenance for the car's life with Porsche and independent Porsche approved stamps.

The car's exterior is in overall good condition but does have a few age related marks as would be expected, the worst of which is some crazing and a scratch on the rear bumper which is too deep to polish out. These could easily be filled and painted however you could save the hassle and buy a used bumper less on eBay.

The rear tyres were new for the MOT and the fronts are well within legal limits. The rear lights and side repeaters lights were replaced with ones from a later (post 2002) model.
The hood works perfectly, however a bit of the stitching around the rear window has come away but is still totally waterproof.. The canvas itself is in great condition with no rips or tears, and the plastic window is still clear.
The car's interior is in very good condition. The leather seats have no rips or tears and the dashboard looks brilliant as do the carpets and door cards The car features a cd/radio and under the bonnet there is a 6 CD changer and amplifier. It has full climate control, traction control and cruise control. The key fob remote blip has just stopped working but you can lock/unlock with the key - this may just require a new battery!
The bonnet and boot storage space are all well looked after with a spare wheel and tool kit in the front. These spaces combined actually provide a surprising amount of luggage space.
The car is brilliant to drive. It accelerates quickly with a beautiful roar from the exhaust. The steering feels quick and sharp and motorway cruising is smooth.
For the MOT replacement drop links and rear control arms were fitted
The car currently has 9 months MOT and taxed until November.
This is a great car, and I am sure the new owner will love it as much as I do.
The car is situated just outside Nottingham, U.K
Looking for offers around £3500,
If you have any questions or would like any further photographs of specific things please PM me

Malty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:07 AM   #2

Tracker

Hi
I saw your notes while trying to establish if my car had a tracker fitted, its a 1999 , 986 too , I was doing some work and came across a battery pack along with a small silver box about the size of a cig. packet, I'm assuming it is a tracker but don't want to remove it just in case its not.
Would you be able to give me the company name on your tracker and I can call them to ask if they can check their records.
Any help would be appreciated,
Many thanks
Rob

Jeff8529 is offline   Reply With Quote