986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/)
-   -   FS/WTT: 2004 Porsche Boxster, Carrera Wheels, MT, Xenon, Bose, $15,500 firm, TN (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/30834-fs-wtt-2004-porsche-boxster-carrera-wheels-mt-xenon-bose-%2415-500-firm-tn.html)

GBrewer 10-28-2011 08:37 AM

FS/WTT: 2004 Porsche Boxster, Carrera Wheels, MT, Xenon, Bose, $15,500 firm, TN

Sold sold sold!!

Frodo 10-28-2011 08:59 AM

Uh...not that I'm in the market right now, but I'm pretty sure people are going to want to know the mileage. :)

Jaxonalden 10-28-2011 09:24 AM

Nothing like placing an add and start knocking other peoples cars "Don't waste your money on an older S", "not that worthless tiptronic automatic".

2 Posts on this site and one is an add to sell their car? Anyone interested I would be cautious.

P.S. He's owned this car for a month.

GBrewer 10-28-2011 01:01 PM

To intelligent person asking about mileage, the vehicle has 98k actual miles.

To the person who needs to know more...

1. The sentance wasn't directed in you or anyone else that actually owns an older S. This is just my opinion when doing my own research when I purchased this vehicle.

2. Again, my opinion, I feel that an automatic is virtually worthless in any type of sports car with the exception of Dual clutch configurations, ie:new M3.

3. I've worked in the car business for over 5 years and have been with highline store for the past 2. If you work in real estate, you've probably owned more than one house. I've owned 25+ vehicles personally and drive each one for a short time and then I'm done with them.

4. If anyone looking at this ad has any concerns about my integrity as a seller, my State of Tennessee Motor Vehicle Commission Sales License is number is 00064322.

Your attempted thread jack shows your maturity level, seeing as we're all adults here??

P.S. Just because I have 2 posts on this particular forum doesn't mean I can't list my vehicle for sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxonalden (Post 262072)
Nothing like placing an add and start knocking other peoples cars "Don't waste your money on an older S", "not that worthless tiptronic automatic".

2 Posts on this site and one is an add to sell their car? Anyone interested I would be cautious.

P.S. He's owned this car for a month.

Frodo 10-28-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBrewer (Post 262108)
To intelligent person asking about mileage, the vehicle has 98k actual miles.

To the person who needs to know more...

1. The sentance wasn't directed in you or anyone else that actually owns an older S. This is just my opinion when doing my own research when I purchased this vehicle.

2. Again, my opinion, I feel that an automatic is virtually worthless in any type of sports car with the exception of Dual clutch configurations, ie:new M3.

3. I've worked in the car business for over 5 years and have been with highline store for the past 2. If you work in real estate, you've probably owned more than one house. I've owned 25+ vehicles personally and drive each one for a short time and then I'm done with them.

4. If anyone looking at this ad has any concerns about my integrity as a seller, my State of Tennessee Motor Vehicle Commission Sales License is number is 00064322.

Your attempted thread jack shows your maturity level, seeing as we're all adults here??

P.S. Just because I have 2 posts on this particular forum doesn't mean I can't list my vehicle for sale.

Hey, deep down I always suspected I was more 'intelligent' and more 'mature' than Jaxonalden, but never before did I have any real proof, no concrete evidence, no third party verification...but now? My suspicions confirmed!! :D

san rensho 10-28-2011 03:55 PM

Gbrewer. Work for a dealership? Private vehicle? Right, for this week maybe. Dealers don't have private vehicles,they drive whats on the lot. How long has the vehicle been titled in your name? We've all been to a rodeo and a state fair here, so don't insult our intelligence.

To prospective buyers, this might be a good deal. Dealers never sell anything with a "firm" price, everything is negotiable. You know the dealer paid well below wholesale for the car, so lowball him, he might bite. NADA trade in is 10,300 to 13,500.

Idaho Red Rocket 3 10-28-2011 07:36 PM

Tough crowd today !

GBrewer 10-29-2011 05:37 AM

I myself am not a Dealer. I work in the car business. I don't drive a demo. I've never driven a demo or have gone to an auction to buy any vehicle at "wholesale". Sure the mom and pop stores can just put a tag on any vehicle in their inventory and drive it for however long they want to and then just sell it on their lot when they get tired of it.

I've owned a vehicle for up to a year, this one I've owned for about 2 months. I paid cash for the vehicle from a private induvidual with my own money. It's a great car but I'm just looking for something different, preferably with a back seat. Price is listed as "firm" so I don't get lowballers.

By any means I'm not going to miss selling a car over a few hundred dollars but for the most part I expect to get at or near asking price considering book value is around $18.5k and trade is up to "13,500" as you said. If anyone is actually interested in the car please feel free to contact me.

I'm actually shocked at how some of the members on this forum talk trash and act. This is something you would expect on a Honda forum full of teenagers, not a Porsche forum. Grow up and spend your time doing something a little bit more productive because whatever you are trying to accomplish by doing such is a complete waste of your time.

All ignorant comments from non-buyers at this point will be ignored.

Furthermore, maybe both of you should read the Polices & Etiquette thread...
http://986forum.com/forums/latest-info/2531-986forum-policies-etiquette-reminder.html#post256298

Quote:

Originally Posted by san rensho (Post 262128)
Gbrewer. Work for a dealership? Private vehicle? Right, for this week maybe. Dealers don't have private vehicles,they drive whats on the lot. How long has the vehicle been titled in your name? We've all been to a rodeo and a state fair here, so don't insult our intelligence.

To prospective buyers, this might be a good deal. Dealers never sell anything with a "firm" price, everything is negotiable. You know the dealer paid well below wholesale for the car, so lowball him, he might bite. NADA trade in is 10,300 to 13,500.

Frodo 10-29-2011 06:34 AM

So SENSITIVE!

Lighten up! We're mostly just plalyin' around. It's what we do...

ekam 10-29-2011 07:24 AM

I think OP shows a bit of arrogance by first saying "Dont waste your money on an older S", then proceed to mention he works at a car dealership but this is a private sale. It's unnecessary information that, along with an asking price that's too good to be true, raises more questions for potential buyers...

My $0.02.

Jaxonalden 10-29-2011 10:28 PM

GBrewer,

You're a used car salesman (and proved it) trying to pass yourself off as a legitimate Boxster owner. You're just hustling your goods on our forum. You give a high Kelly Blue Book retail price with an asking $3K below that to sweeten the deal and everyone in the business knows you bought it by Black Book cost which is $10-$13.5K.

Again, anyone interested...BEWARE!

On the subject of my maturity, trying to belittle me because I'm warning my fellow forum members of a possible scam? I think you just proved I'm right.

GBrewer 10-30-2011 03:41 PM

You guys are absolutely hilarious. Wasting all your time trying to jack my thread. "BEWARE" lol give me a break!!! The only thing that I proved you are is a tool bag sir!! The internet these days lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxonalden (Post 262248)
GBrewer,

You're a used car salesman (and proved it) trying to pass yourself off as a legitimate Boxster owner. You're just hustling your goods on our forum. You give a high Kelly Blue Book retail price with an asking $3K below that to sweeten the deal and everyone in the business knows you bought it by Black Book cost which is $10-$13.5K.

Again, anyone interested...BEWARE!

On the subject of my maturity, trying to belittle me because I'm warning my fellow forum members of a possible scam? I think you just proved I'm right.

WhipE350 10-30-2011 06:37 PM

Phew...not your average thread...I do really like that color :)

GBrewer 10-31-2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhipE350 (Post 262304)
Phew...not your average thread...I do really like that color :)

Tell me about it... Thanks, yeah the color was a $3000 option when new.

Johnny Danger 10-31-2011 05:24 AM

Get out the asbestos jumpsuit in order to read this thread !!

jwade 10-31-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Danger (Post 262334)
Get out the asbestos jumpsuit in order to read this thread !!

No $hit and +1 on that Danger!

Good luck with your sale fella.

GBrewer 11-01-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwade (Post 262411)
No $hit and +1 on that Danger!

Good luck with your sale fella.

I appreciate that :rolleyes:

GBrewer 11-01-2011 08:19 PM

Price reduced!!

san rensho 11-02-2011 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBrewer (Post 262551)
Price reduced!!

See! I told you there is no such thing as a "firm" price with a dealer. Low ball him, agree on a price subject to a PPI and you have a good deal.

GBrewer 11-02-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by san rensho (Post 262570)
See! I told you there is no such thing as a "firm" price with a dealer. Low ball him, agree on a price subject to a PPI and you have a good deal.

You enjoy talking out of your ass don't you?