Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #1

1999 Porsche Boxster - Excellent Condition

Full Craigslist text below, it's a bit much for those who know what a Boxster is.

Summary: 1999 Porsche Boxster (986), 65k, 5-speed, 2.5L flat-six, excellent condition inside and out, $12,950 OBO.

The fact that a mid-engined Porsche sports car is amazing to drive will surprise very few, Porsche is revered for building some of the best cars on Earth. The true surprise lies in the fact that you can easily and comfortably drive this car every day. With a comfortable interior, great ride quality, 30 MPG on the highway, and two large trunks, the Boxster makes for an excellent daily driver. If there's a few turns between you and your destination, you can experience what makes Porsche so great.

As with most Porsches, my Boxster is well equipped with power windows, power locks, power mirrors, heated mirrors and washer nozzles, cruise control, power top, power driver's seat, leather, and automatic climate control with ice cold A/C. Options include clear headlight trims, aftermarket HID headlights with 4300k bulbs, 987 style tail lights, JVC CD player, and a storage compartment behind the seats. All features work as they should.

You'll be hard pressed to find any car of this age and mileage in better condition. Outside the original paint has an excellent shine, enhanced by by four recent coats of Zaino wax. No accident history or sign of any repairs. There are a few very small dings and scratches that don't show up in photos and require close observation to notice, overall it is a very nice looking car. The 17" OEM wheels are in great shape, with no rash and very few scratches. The black interior is excellent as well, the leather has been recently treated with Leatherique and is still soft and comfortable. Very minor wear on the outer seat bolsters. The carpet is free of stains and tears, and there is only light wear on the steering wheel and shift knob. Lloyd's rubber floormats protect the carpets from wear and stains. The JVC CD player works well, and is a huge improvement in sound quality over the OEM unit. The convertible top is in good condition, and after driving through a recent torrential downpour in Arkansas I can attest to it being fully watertight. It operates as it should, easily powering up and down to be covered by an integrated cover. The plastic window is still soft and pliable, with only minor hazing.

Mechanically the car is excellent as well, with new Falken RT615k summer tires and the full 60,000 mile maintenance completed. Records for all work completed are available, and summarized in an Excel spreadsheet. The steering is tight, shimmy free, tracks straight, and has possibly the best feel and weighting of any car I've driven. The transmission shifts smoothly with no grinding, the clutch is strong with no sign of slipping. The brakes are strong with great feel thanks to a bleed with ATE Super Blue and new pads front and rear. The engine is a gem, much like any other Porsche flat six. It idles smoothly, responds quickly, and pulls hard to redline. The sound and the feel are hard to beat in any make or model. No leaks, no oil consumption. It's simply a fantastic driving car.

Over the years I've bought many cars online and appreciate full disclosure from sellers, when I sell cars I try to reciprocate. I've tried to mention all issues in the description above, and describe the car in as much detail as possible. The only other issue is related to the keyless entry key, which doesn't seem to be communicating with the car. Otherwise it is a fantastic condition car, one which does not show it's age or mileage.

I can't say enough good things about this Boxster, and I'm only selling because I bought a 911 to give me the ability to haul my kids. It's a blast to drive, looks great, and is surprisingly practical to drive daily. I'm asking $12,950 OBO, thousands less than similar cars for sale at dealerships without service records to confirm maintenance. I have 70 pictures available via email, as well as an Excel file summarizing maintenance. I can be reached at 316-680-1748 or jessup3 at cox.net. Thanks for looking!

onewhippedpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote