986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/)
-   -   2008 (987) Boxster S (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/21109-2008-987-boxster-s.html)

Bob Z. 06-23-2009 11:31 AM

2008 (987) Boxster S - $43k OBO

SOLD

2008 Porsche Boxster S (987S), VIN# WP0CB29878U731072. Clear & clean title in hand for an easy sale: $43k or best offer

As new in perfect condition with no cosmetic or mechanical issues; just 3,234 miles and never seen rain. Special ordered (original owner) and all manuals/paperwork (i.e., Certificate of Authenticity, window sticker, etc.), both keys/fobs, etc. included. Guards Red exterior with Black leather interior, 6-speed manual transmission, with the following factory options: Cayman S 18” wheels with Michelin PS2 tires, Sport Steering wheel, Windstop/Deflector, Red dash gauges, rear emblem delete (added Black "Boxster S” emblem), Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE), Chrome dual exhaust tip, storage box (vice open shelf), and floor mats.

Extras I added include Red side vents, Red shift knob insert, clear front side markers, Black exhaust surround trim (thin piece just above exhaust tip, lower center bumper), full color wheel crests, dash gauge shroud removed/trim added (have original shroud if you want to put it back), Red tail lights, Agency Power Exhaust tip, and tinted side windows (lifetime warrantied Lumar).

Porsche factory bumper-to-bumper warranty until 2/28/2014 (longer than a new one from the dealer) and up to 100k miles; in-service date was 2/29/2008. Sticker price was just under $61k and over $2k in extras added, along with the extra warranty. I am selling since I have 4 vehicles and this one is used the least, and we are building a new home. Properly broken in; has not burned any oil. Always covered and stored in my garage. I will also include an outdoor Red-colored custom fit outdoor cover, an indoor cover, and a custom upper car/top cover, which is used to protect the top/windows when you don't want to use the outdoor cover. And I will also include 10 quarts of Mobil 1 oil and 2 Porsche oil filter kits. The soft top was treated with 303 Protectant when new, the seats are treated with Lexol leather conditioner, the tires are protected with Mequires protectant, the wheels are protected with Wheel Wax, and the car has been waxed with Meguires.

Email me for additional pics: robert.ziolkowski@us.army.mil

Bob Z. 06-26-2009 09:08 AM

Offers will be considered...

ramo80 06-26-2009 09:32 AM

now thats a cool email lol.

Bob Z. 07-01-2009 11:36 AM

$42k - way less than a comparable car at a dealer, and a longer bumper-to-bumper Porshce (not aftermarket) warranty than a new one, with extras.

Bob Z. 07-24-2009 05:48 AM

Still have it...heck of a deal at $42k

erenyes 07-27-2009 08:18 AM

Trade?

would you like to trade a mint condition 2007 White with red and black interior Honda S2000 with 6,000 miles on the odometer? ;-)

Bob Z. 07-28-2009 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erenyes
would you like to trade a mint condition 2007 White with red and black interior Honda S2000 with 6,000 miles on the odometer? ;-)

Sorry, I only do 2 wheeled Hondas, and I already have a CBRXX1100 Super Blackbird.

Bob Z. 08-18-2009 05:24 AM

Two dealer offered to buy the car - one for $40k and the other for $40.5k - they both said Manheim auction prices for 2008 Boxster S models are running $41-$42k. But mine has real low miles, lots of extras, perfect in & out, and a longer Porsche warranty than a new one off the lot...$42k is a great deal.

Flavor 987S 08-18-2009 07:48 AM

Bob, IMHO, you should drive as fast as possible to those dealerships, and unload your car. Be done with it already! :)

These reasons your car has not sold is because of the price and engine replacement.

Boxtaboy 08-18-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavor 987S
Bob, IMHO, you should drive as fast as possible to those dealerships, and unload your car. Be done with it already! :)

These reasons your car has not sold is because of the price and engine replacement.

Wow, I've seen this car for sale for a while now. Seems like a pristine example. Is the market that bad out there for these cars? IMHO, if the difference between what you want to sell it for and what one of those dealers is offering you is only $1.5k, then maybe Flavor is right, and you should just offload it to the dealer that offered $40.5k and be done with it.

Bob Z. 08-18-2009 08:06 AM

If I sell it to a dealer for $40.5 they are going to auction it to another dealer for at least $42k - that would be a great deal for a private person looking for a car. And I don't need the cash right now so I can afford to wait for the right person who wants a great deal.

mikefocke 08-18-2009 08:28 AM

Meanwhile

the car continues to depreciate and is worth less as time goes by. And it is mid-August and sports cars get worth less the colder it gets.

I think you need to view the transaction of selling the car as a financial transaction and lose the emotion of selling your Porsche. Is $41.5k into your investment acccount worth more than maybe getting $42k at some future time? Sure would be to me because I'm making lots more than that on my investments.

The car is worth what someone will pay for it..no more and no less ..and your car isn't worth anything more because you owned it or had it tweaked to the way you liked it. Mod'ed cars are frequently worth less than un-mod'ed ones.

Boxtaboy 08-18-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikefocke
the car continues to depreciate and is worth less as time goes by. And it is mid-August and sports cars get worth less the colder it gets.

I think you need to view the transaction of selling the car as a financial transaction and lose the emotion of selling your Porsche. Is $41.5k into your investment acccount worth more than maybe getting $42k at some future time? Sure would be to me because I'm making lots more than that on my investments.

The car is worth what someone will pay for it..no more and no less ..and your car isn't worth anything more because you owned it or had it tweaked to the way you liked it. Mod'ed cars are frequently worth less than un-mod'ed ones.

Well, he lives in Florida, so the weather (for a local buyer), will not be as much of a factor, but yes- the problem is that the longer he waits, the car will still be depreciating, and sooner or later, the value of the car will eventually drop below $40.5k, and then that same dealer that just quoted him $40.5k, will also no longer be offering $40.5k.

Burg Boxster 08-18-2009 12:17 PM

Don't forget depreciation will begin accelerating as it's less than 1 month from being 2 MYs old. Therefore, book value/auction prices will drop faster than normal as dealers and PCNA clear [many] new '08s still on lots and '09's (which have had trunk $ on them since May). Usually the finance rates/trunk $ from PCNA typically haven't started until a new MY is on the ground (Sept) but '09 has been anything but ordinary. The '09 997s currently have $15K trunk $, not sure about the Boxster but based on the drop in sales year over year I suspect it's a high % of MSRP.

Anyhow, $1,500 is a nice chunk of change but I'm sure it's due for a $250 oil change soon as well as plate renewal ($50?), and of course insurance of $XX per month... In the grand scheme of life, I'd rather have $42K in my MMA or other short/long term investments making $ for me rather than costing it but YMMV...

:)

Poorshoesless 08-18-2009 12:35 PM

Sell it and get some Ford stocks. It has gone from $2.00 in Jan to about $7.00 recently.

Bob Z. 08-19-2009 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poorshoesless
Sell it and get some Ford stocks. It has gone from $2.00 in Jan to about $7.00 recently.

Already did...bought quite a bit of "F" when it wass just under $2.

And everyone makes valid points in regards to selling it - I guess if I needed the cash I'd be more willing to let it go for less than $42k.

Flavor 987S 08-19-2009 07:47 AM

Bob, it should not be a matter "of needing the cash". You don't want nor drive the car any more. You decided to sell it, so sell it. Get the most you can for it now, not when you might "need" the money. Besides your statement wreaks of arrogance (and I don't think you are an arrogance guy).

You probably had offers six months ago, you wished you had taken. In 6 more months, you wont be able to get $35 for it.

Bob Z. 08-19-2009 07:50 AM

I am probably the least arrogant guy on the planet...just telling like it is. But I will add that I am trying to sell a car here and that posts by people who are just offering their advice, while appreciated, are probably better sent via a PM than posted in my for sale thread - if you were selling you'd probably feel the same.

Poorshoesless 08-19-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I am probably the least arrogant guy on the planet...just telling like it is. But I will add that I am trying to sell a car here and that posts by people who are just offering their advice, while appreciated, are probably better sent via a PM than posted in my for sale thread - if you were selling you'd probably feel the same.

My bad..sorry.

Bob Z. 08-20-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poorshoesless
My bad..sorry.

It's all good...no problem. And I might actually have a buyer at $42k...will know later I hope.