Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #1

FS: 2004 Porsche Boxster S 550 Spyder (Anniversary Edition)

Porsche 2004 Anniversary Edition Boxster S #62 of 1,953 units produced world wide

I am the second owner (purchased 1.5 years ago w/23k miles on it). This was my daily driver (SF to Mt View: 80 miles RT), but with the price of gas rising I bought a Prius and this car now gets very little seat time (I take it out each Friday to keep it happy). Car now has 48k miles (almost all highway miles). I just had the 5k mile maint/oil change done by Tony Heyer. This car needs nothing but if it does need something (which it does not) you are covered by the CPO warranty that came with the car (which is good for 100k miles or 6 years: March 2010). This special edition Boxster S is finished in GT Silver Metallic, a color only found on the Carrera GT and special edition Anniversary models. The soft top is in Cocoa, a dark brown color used by Porsche for the first time. For additional visual emphasis:

- 18" Carrera 5 spoke wheels in Seal Grey / Silver
- a colored Porsche crest adorns each wheel hub cover
- the monobloc brake calipers have an aluminum paint finish

Other exclusive exterior styling features include:
- silver-painted grills above the rear strut openings
- a specially created stainless steel tailpipe
- chrome plated and polished Boxster S lettering on the rear deck lid
- safety bar padding that matches the car's interior
- special all red rear tail lights (see pic)

Cocoa and GT Silver dominate the car's special interior with matching carpet and floor mats featuring the Porsche script logo. The center panels of the standard heated seats, handbrake lever, gear lever gate, ball-shaped aluminum gearshift knob, inside door handles, and padded sport steering wheel are covered in Cocoa colored leather. The rear section of the center console, handbrake lever, grooved bar on the dashboard, switch panel, and the back of the safety bars are painted in GT Silver Metallic. Instruments are uniquely styled with black faces surrounded by chrome plated decorative rings.

Other features include:
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM)
- an on-board computer
- Litronic headlamps with dynamic beam angle adjustment and cleaning system
- 3 piece wind stop
- driver & passenger front and side airbags
- 6 speed manual transmission
- clear bra (added at dealership when car was new)
- heated hardback sports seats
- car cover

These cars came loaded with only 3 options available (cruise control, painted seat backs, and Bose stereo) and this one has two: CC and Bose stereo.

This car is gorgeous and I never thought I would sell it, but at this point it feels like I have too much $ tied up in a car that I only take out once a week to keep the seals from drying...I might be interested in trades for an older 911 SC or Carrera + cash (that way I'd still have a Porsche but be able to take some money off the table).

$41,000

mb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
Porschephile

Sold?

Did you end up selling this car?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #3

I had ads up in several locations but never sold the car...only had one party even show any interest! Although I could have used the $, I loved having the car for the summer (mileage is now up to ~52k)

mb986 is offline   Reply With Quote