Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 08:16 AM   #1

FS: Fastest Track Boxster around

This is the car that just carried me to a Runner Up National Champion title at NASA's National Championships at Mid Ohio. From a search of lap records and discussions with other Porsche owners, the 1:40.800 that this car recorded is a Boxster record.

I want to move into racing a tube framed car next season, so this is up for sale. I am including all original parts, so you can prep it to any state of tune from bone stock to all out time trial race car.

The upgrades
4 17x8.5" wheels with 50-75% tread 245/40/17 BFG R1s, 9 heat cycles.
Wheels are 6yrs old, tires are 4wks old.

4 17x7" wheels with 90-100% tread 225/54/17 Khumo MXs
Wheels are 6yrs old, tires are a mix of 4wks and 8mo old.

EPIQ/Schnell camber plates

Bilstein PSS9s

450/500lbin Eibach 60mm i.d. race springs

4 60mm spring hats

GT3 front sway bar + bushings

H&R rear sway bar + bushings

insite's slick front sway bar endlinks

Mantis sport rear lower brace

Ultrashield Road Race 15" aluminum seat with L-O-W rails (you need to be crazy tall in the torso for them to work)

Ultrashield 5pt latch style belts (SFI Aug 07)

Pagid Black brake pads 80%

That's about $5000 worth of stuff purchased new, not counting shipping and labor.

The Zeintec Top

As most of you know, the Zeintec Hardtop is $5000 new. That price does not include center latch ($240), spin lock inserts ($180), or shipping ($300). So to get your own Zeintec Hardtop, it would cost $5720. However, this is the prototype from the Porsche Parade in San Diego, and will need repainting (it's currently black). I'm letting it go for $4000.

The Boxster itself

The car is a 2002 Boxster S, Lapis Blue with blue interior and blue convertible soft top. It has 50k mi, 6spd, Bose stereo, and heated seats. Kelly Blue Book (good, not excellent condition) is $31,975 retail and $27,275 private party. I will take $26,000 for the car, as it has been raced. It has a clean title (no salvage).

The whole enchilada

Obviously, it would save me a lot of time and effort not having to take everything off the car, and I would pass that savings on to you if you're interested in the whole setup (including all original parts in boxes and bags). This would be $33,000. So for a grand more than KBB retail price of the car, you could have the Zeintec hardtop, and a race car that is proven to lay down 1:40.8s at Mid Ohio.

iflyadesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:36 AM   #2

Pics Please
MoeMonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #3

Hi... is the car still for sale?

cs jeff is offline   Reply With Quote